Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy buttons?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know a shop where I can buy replacement buttons?
    I'm really only looking for anywhere from rathmines to temple bar (areas I can easily walk to during lunch)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a shop on the south quays that sells buttons, thousands of them. its up the temple bar end towards the civic offices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

there is a shop on the south quays that sells buttons, thousands of them. its up the temple bar end towards the civic offices

Yep, second this. It's the Woolen Mills Trimming shop

http://www.woollenmills.ie/index.html

Oh, and there's a haberdashery on Castle Market (the road between Drury St and Sth William St - beside Grogans) too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Thanks guys, might head down there at lunch tomorrow.

cosmic wrote: »
    Yep, second this. It's the Woolen Mills Trimming shop

http://www.woollenmills.ie/index.html

Oh, and there's a haberdashery on Castle Market (the road between Drury St and Sth William St - beside Grogans) too

i forgot about the wollen mills, the second place is probably the one i was talking about, it was on nationwide a while ago and thats how i remembered

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hey, i would love to know the name or where this is - if you can remember

thanks

IB

• Advertisement

irishbird wrote: »
    hey, i would love to know the name or where this is - if you can remember

thanks

IB

i cant think of the name but its on the south quays around the temple bar/civic offices area

hang on, found it: here and here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hickeys in Jervis Centre. Not sure if they have a branch in Stephen's Green CC.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

There's a Hickeys on Henry Street. There used to be one in Stephens Green but it's gone now.

Hickeys is a little less expensive than The Woollen Mills but the latter has a much bigger selection. So Hickeys would be best if you just want simple things like thread, buttons, zips, needles, bobbins etc. The Woollen Mills is better for fabrics and crafts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A Rubenesque in the Powerscourt Centre has lots of buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

There's a Hickeys on Henry Street. There used to be one in Stephens Green but it's gone now.

Hickeys is a little less expensive than The Woollen Mills but the latter has a much bigger selection. So Hickeys would be best if you just want simple things like thread, buttons, zips, needles, bobbins etc. The Woollen Mills is better for fabrics and crafts.
    Are ya mad? I work in the trade. I use both Hickeys and Woolen Mills, amongst others, for supplies. Hickeys is more expensive by an order of magnitude, especially for small things like buttons and trimmings. The Woolen Mills has it's issues but is waaay cheaper than Hickeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Nevore wrote: »
    Are ya mad? I work in the trade. I use both Hickeys and Woolen Mills, amongst others, for supplies. Hickeys is more expensive by an order of magnitude, especially for small things like buttons and trimmings. The Woolen Mills has it's issues but is waaay cheaper than Hickeys.

I've found little things like thread, buttons, needles are more expensive in the Woollen Mills.

Advertisement