Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bud Ice Cold Index pubs

Options
  • 28-04-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what pubs in Galway CC are taking part in the Bud Ice Cold Index offer? I downloaded the app and I thought there was supposed to be a pub finder as part of it to show what outlets were taking part but I don't see it.

Anyone around town see signs up in the pubs or used the app in any places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

If I had to guess it would be only pubs that have the new Bud Ice taps in them. Downloaded it yesterday also but it seemed to have a few bugs with it and they released a update soonafter. I'd expect a new update to be released soon enough as there is still a few things wrong with the app.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

NUIG College bar has signs/notices about it in there. Downloaded the app while I was there yesterday, but it said it was only 13 degrees! My arse! Twas defo over 13 degrees at 1pm yesterday!

Seems a farce of a yoke really. No pub locations and the app sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

NUIG College bar has signs/notices about it in there. Downloaded the app while I was there yesterday, but it said it was only 13 degrees! My arse! Twas defo over 13 degrees at 1pm yesterday!

Seems a farce of a yoke really. No pub locations and the app sucks!

Mine had 15 degrees yesterday but was still to cold and today I have 16 so it has given me a €1 voucher. It also gave me a free pint voucher for just registering with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

That's crazy, it was 18 degrees yesterday and it's about the same today!

The Cellar seems to be doing it, I saw a girl get a free pint in there yesterday. I saw the posters in Foxes but they had no pub code on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 minuscraic

there was something up on facebook about the pubfinder today- waiting to complete gps tagging on all 2500 pubs taking part- guess they need permission from the pubs before uploading it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Front Door are doing it, but the app kept crashing when I put in my DoB; I guess I'm too old!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

O'Connells and the Skeff are doing it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Freeneys Bar are doing it also

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

well its definitely in the cellar anyways! i got a beautiful free pint, made it taste even sweeter :D

don't know what other pubs are doing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

NUIG College bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Was in Garveys on Eyre Square this evening for a comedy gig - they had it too. Installed it and offered €1 off as it was 16deg (temp is taken @ 1pm on the day).

Pub finder isn't bringing up anything for me either. I says your meant to get a free pint when you register, so I registered and nothing was offered within the app.... :confused:

Nice promo idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭squonk

Where in the App is the Pub finder? There's nothing in the iPhone version, just drop down lists to choose your county.

Foto Joe, I didn't get my free voucher either. I uninstalled the app, rebooted the iPhone and installed it again. Strangely I got the voucher from yesterday for the E1 off. I'd have expected it to sit there saying the temps would be updated at 1PM the following day. Sounds like the app isn't completely clearing down its data files. Not the greatest app in the world methinks!

The free pint appeared today under bonuses. It expires on the day of my last exam, so I'll enjoy a free post-exams pint in the college bar.

device_1.pngdevice2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I also found an obvious bug (iphone) lol

Today (Dublin) it's too cold, no voucher.

Changed location to Mayo and got €1 off. Changed back to Dublin and voucher is still there and i can redeem it if I want!

Have you tried claim it in Dublin? It might not allow the Dublin pub code to generate the free voucher.

foto joe wrote: »
    Have you tried claim it in Dublin? It might not allow the Dublin pub code to generate the free voucher.

Touché!

But then again, I dont know the participating pubs, I haven't tried it yet

My voucher has shown up now too! Might avail of the offer while I'm waiting for my bus this evening! Are you allowed to bring a pint out and sit on a bench in Eyre Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Here's a list of all pubs in Ireland that's doing it
    http://budweiser.fb.bradleyit.ie/indexfaq/BIC-Outlet-List.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Handy list to have for telemarketing :P Should we be allowed that link? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Got it off their facebook page, would be great to have on a fine day when it's free pints, hit as many pubs as you can!

• Advertisement

The iPhone version was updated to 1.1 today. Here's a screenshot from my phone

Useless! 3 pubs in Ireland? Seriously budweiser? :rolleyes:

img0233.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Does this actually work for anyone? I just get a black screen on startup. So are a lot of other people apparently. iPod touch 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Does this actually work for anyone? I just get a black screen on startup. So are a lot of other people apparently. iPod touch 3G.

Not working on ipod touch yet apparently.

plonk wrote: »
    Not working on ipod touch yet apparently.

It's the same operating system with the same development kit. How did they balls that up?

They've taken the app down because of demand on the servers...
    there has been an unprecedented demand with tens of thousands of people having downloaded our Index app. We are working through the issue with the server for the app currently so the app is offline. We are trying to sort out this issue asap and we will update everyone later tonight or tomorrow with a go live date.

It seems they didn't test it too heavily before it got released. It clearly wasn't ready for the promo launch if the participating pubs aren't included yet.

Sure by the time they get it fixed the sun will have fecked off behind a cloud :pac:

Pretty poor overall. I thought they'd have this promotion going in other countries too. The new version of the app seems buggier than the old one. Of course, now the server is down I can't use it anyway. Looks like their app is a bit like their beer, grand the odd time but largely not great.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

squonk wrote: »
    Looks like their app is a bit like their beer, grand the odd time but largely not great a load of piss.

FYP;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Got a text today say

"thx 4 downloading the Bud Index App. Big apols but we've got server issues from massive demand & need to deactivate for a few days. Will update u ASAP. Bud Crew."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Got a text today say

"thx 4 downloading the Bud Index App. Big apols but we've got server issues from massive demand & need to deactivate for a few days. Will update u ASAP. Bud Crew."
    Whoever sent you that should be given a hefty smack of the literacy stick. Bloody txt spk!

Advertisement