Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxation Question

Options
  • 28-04-2011 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm a college student who has been working part-time with the one employer since October 2009. I have never claimed my tax back and I am still being emergency taxed. By my estimates I am owed in the region of €5,000 in tax.

How do I go about claiming this tax back, and how do I stop being emergency taxed? Is there a different procedure for claiming my 2009 and 2010 tax back? And does the fact that I live in Clare but work in Dublin have any bearing on which revenue office I must contact?

Any information would be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi
    Ring revenue and ask for a balancing statement for 2009 and 2010.

If this was/is your first time in employment you need to complete form 12a and send it into revenue. If not ring revenue and ask for your tax credits to be allocated to your employment.

Hope this helps

Dbran

Advertisement