Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silver Eircom Netopia 2247 Modem

• 28-04-2011 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

I suppose I really should use adverts for this but gettng available there.

Does anyone here have one of these knocking about they don't want/use anymore. If so I'll have if from you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I suppose I really should use adverts for this but gettng available there.

Does anyone here have one of these knocking about they don't want/use anymore. If so I'll have if from you.

hmmmm,i threw one out 2 days ago and it might be still in the bin if you want to go rummaging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

hmmmm,i threw one out 2 days ago and it might be still in the bin if you want to go rummaging...

is it working?

is it working?

yeah,as far as I know.It hasnt been used in about 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

I think I have one (or possibly 2!) at home. I'll check later on

nathan184 wrote: »
    I think I have one (or possibly 2!) at home. I'll check later on

please do. eircom replaced mine witha heap of c**p zyxel and can't portforward or share between computer and PS3. firmware locked by eircom think

• Advertisement

Where are you located anyway?

Where are you located anyway?

live in Kilteragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can it not be reset to the factory settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

A cheap Modem-Router would probably be a better option then using either one tbh :P

A cheap Modem-Router would probably be a better option then using either one tbh :P

I have an expensive router and I only need a reliable gateway modem to connect to it. As far as I've experienced the 2247 is great. My old one was great and I had all features turned off on it and just passing the IP onto the router to send allover the place. airport extreme for ATV/Macs PS3. The ****ty zyxel keep dropping the connection to dsl.

eircom have changed it twice and even sent someone out. there is nothing wrong with the phone sockets he said. he lent me a 2247 and it worked fine but he took it back after weekend. I need a 2247....... aghhhhhhhh

• Advertisement

I can't believe I threw one out 2 days,which hadnt been used in about 2/3 years.I will have a look for you when I get home.Also threw out a Vodafone router aswell if you're interested

It's here if you want it,I'm on the Ennis Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

I've got one also. PM if you want to arrange to collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I can't believe I threw one out 2 days,which hadnt been used in about 2/3 years.I will have a look for you when I get home.Also threw out a Vodafone router aswell if you're interested

Those vodafone ones, can you stick in any usb internet connection as a source, or is vodafone only? Might be handy if you have one going spare for a friend?

phill106 wrote: »
    Those vodafone ones, can you stick in any usb internet connection as a source, or is vodafone only? Might be handy if you have one going spare for a friend?

no they're not VF only. you can logoin and change the settings to work with eircom/any network on them

phill106 wrote: »

Also in the bin.... :D

A great indictment for the good people of Limerick and their great generosity. I was offered 4 separate modems. A kind thank you to you all and especially to the person that gave me the modem.

Advertisement