Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Party

Options
  • 28-04-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm planning a bit Summer Garder Party/bbq at the beginning of June for all my friends and family to celebrate a number of occasions. Going to be at least 100 people there, thank god i have a big garden! Want to put a lot of effort into making it a great evening/night so would love some tips on everything from decorations to drink. Have any of you any advice on things i could do to make it extra special?
    Thanks
    Vic x

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

How about a Hawaiian theme since its the summer, such as few inflatable palm tree's and sky some sky lanterns for later in the night? And dress the beer bottles up in mini Hawaiian shirts :D

product_image_1741_1616.jpgdrink_cozy_palm_tree.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Andrea Louise

Hey Guys,

I'm having a Hawaiian Themed party in 2 weeks and im really stressing as its hard to find much decorations in Cork, i got a scene setter and some other things what i am mainly looking for is a large banana, palm tree, large beach ball, drinks cooler (seen some on websites with swimming pool style and palm tree) and i was just wondering if anyone knows where i could such things or even if anyone has them i would be delighted if i can buy them from you?

Hope you can help guys xx

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Just my little point of view, but I think that lighting(atmosphere) is everything. Tealights in coloured jars on tables and in flower beds (obviously be careful if kids are around though!) and maybe strings of lights. You can get solar powered ones, but I have no idea of prices and how effective they are. At least with candles, when they dim, they are easy to replace. You can get all sorts of lanterns now too. Beg, and borrow from friends. have a look around your kitchen cupboards, you probably have little glasses and saucers you could put tealights in/on.(you can put a very small amount of water in the bottom, so that the metal of the tealight does not break the glass when it gets too hot).

Also, maybe a gazebo/tent for if it gets a bit chilly.

Hope you have good weather for it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Andrea Louise

Thank you Greystoner,

You gave me some great ideas there, i have a few glasses red ones which shine lights around and i never thought of solar lights i seen beautiful ones in Argos on a string multicolored butterfly solar lights hopefully they will be as nice as they seem!

thanks again you got my mind thinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

we had a party last summer and an easy way to keep beer or drinks cool are to get some bendy buckets or whatever you have handy and fill them with ice and then the drink. drinks will stay cold all night and it stops the fridge from being opened and closed all night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement