Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 3 iPhone 'deal'

Options
  • 28-04-2011 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I just recently signed up with 3 to get an iPhone4, and paid ~Euro160 for the phone and signed up for 18 months too. This was done over the telephone. I just found out about the free iPhone4 offer that 3 has now, and feel 'ripped-off'!
    I was not told at any point that if I wait 2 days I could get the new offer.
    Surely I can now cancel the previous 'offer' and re-sign up for the free iPhone4 offer?
    What are my consumer rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you would have had 7 days remorse to return and cancel the account, how longs it been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 5hort5top

It's been over 7 days now. I thought it was 14 days... and I've used the thing. I think I've been 'had'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I think the website Amazon will refund you on certain purchases if the pruce drops a few days after you buy something.

14 days rings a bell alright, can't be sure tbh.

With the 'free' deal, would the amount p/m be the same?

I think the website Amazon will refund you on certain purchases if the pruce drops a few days after you buy something.

'free' means an extra 6 months, so 24 month contract. I've checked and it is 7 days grace, plus the phone was used in that time :mad: !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

You bought the phone at the price being asked for at the time. Its just tough luck. I would think that if you returned the phone and then applied for the free phone they may turn you down.

• Advertisement

racer1 wrote: »
    You bought the phone at the price being asked for at the time. Its just tough luck. I would think that if you returned the phone and then applied for the free phone they may turn you down.

Shows they're more interested in making a quick buck than customer retention! I'm going to make a lot of noise about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I don't see the issue. You are on an 18 month contract. To get the iPhone "free", more correctly, "no up front charge" you would have to sign a 24 month contract. That is an additional 240 EUR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

5hort5top wrote: »
    Shows they're more interested in making a quick buck than customer retention! I'm going to make a lot of noise about this!
    Customer retention? They have you tied for the next 18 months :)
    It may seem unfair but you don't have a leg to stand on. How far should they have to go back and honour the deal? If they honour your purchase a week ago, should the guy who bought it ten days ago also get it? Two weeks ago? Three weeks ago?

Kensington wrote: »
    Customer retention? They have you tied for the next 18 months :)
    It may seem unfair but you don't have a leg to stand on. How far should they have to go back and honour the deal? If they honour your purchase a week ago, should the guy who bought it ten days ago also get it? Two weeks ago? Three weeks ago?

That's a fair point. It was just the fact that 2 days later it was free...but at least the contract's shorter now...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sorry, what have amazon got to do with this?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

5hort5top wrote: »
    That's a fair point. It was just the fact that 2 days later it was free...but at least the contract's shorter now...:)
    Think of it this way, you'll be able to flog your iPhone 4 and upgrade to the newer iPhone six months sooner than anyone else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The 14 days to return has also changed. Now you can only return it if you have network coverage issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The 14 days to return has also changed. Now you can only return it if you have network coverage issues.

It's different when you buy online as distant selling rules apply. You can return anything within 7 days you buy online. Network coverage doesnt come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ah how many more threads are you going to post this on. You were happy to pay the advertised price for the phone at the time you purchased it. All special offers have to start and end somewhere. You were not "had". It's a bit unfortunate but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Advertisement