Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up the smokes today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

jive wrote: »
    Problem?

With you?, doesn't everybody?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Lavattack wrote: »
    Your the one who went off on a rant there jive....

It wasn't a rant it was my opinion. Smokers are jokers, bro.
    fedor.2. wrote: »

yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

fedor.2. wrote: »

Ya I came across him trolling in another thread lastnight or maybe it was today :)

Obviously has a name made for himself

It wasn't a rant it was my opinion. Smokers are jokers, bro.

yes :D

There is no comparison in what you said originally and "Smokers are jokers"

Ya I came across him trolling in another thread lastnight or maybe it was today :)

Obviously has a name made for himself

:rolleyes: unsure how it's trolling. People brandish the term 'troll' too much these days and they don't realise that it's a art and only few can do it. I'm actually not trolling, I don't understand how anyone with a brain would willingly inhale utter **** into their lungs for no reason. It's actually laughable.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: unsure how it's trolling. People brandish the term 'troll' too much these days and they don't realise that it's a art and only few can do it. I'm actually not trolling, I don't understand how anyone with a brain would willingly inhale utter **** into their lungs for no reason. It's actually laughable.

"A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

That is from the charter.

That happens to be the first time I used the words trolling being honest so iys not something I just throw about lightly just so you know.

Also I never said you were trolling in this thread so maybe just read what somebody writes before just jumping to conclusions.

Almost 11pm now and still no smoke. Even tho I have a few urges it's nothing major

I'm not too worried now about smoking tonight now I think but the morning is going to be a killer I fear. I am going to get up and walk in the opposite direction of town and not stop until I am fcuked cos that way I will never walk all the way back into town for smokes. I live in the country so its well over a mile of a walk in at any rate. Think I will go watch a film and head to bed then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Almost 11pm now and still no smoke. Even tho I have a few urges it's nothing major

Good stuff, you're doing really well. Maybe PM a mod and ask one to sticky your blog?

I'm just after having a lovely smoke along with a nice cup of coffee, kinda feel all tingly after the smoke to be honest, nicotine is such a wondrous drug. :)

Stay brave!

"A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

That is from the charter.

That happens to be the first time I used the words trolling being honest so iys not something I just throw about lightly just so you know.

Also I never said you were trolling in this thread so maybe just read what somebody writes before just jumping to conclusions.

You said I was trolling in another thread though. Feel free to point it out to me because I'm not a troll. My opinions may be controversial but the difference between me and a troll is that they are actually my opinions and I'm not just saying things to provoke people. If I wanted to provoke posters I could do a lot worse.

My point is that not being able to quit smoking says a lot about a person. If you don't have the dedication and will power to stop smoking (something which you have expressed you have the desire to do) then you are, in my eyes, a loser. If we like to dish out defintions then a loser is essentially someone who fails. If you can't quit smoking, something that you want to do, then you have failed i.e. you are a loser. I hope you do quit smoking and I'm not saying this to piss anyone off, it's my opinion and I'm sure some people agree but mightn't put it as bluntly as me.

Good luck, btw. Didn't realise you were the OP. Apparently the first few days are the worst, I'd imagine if you just set your mind to quitting after a few days you will be through the worst of it. 1 last one is a load of ****. You've gone a full day without them, do it for another few days and you are in the clear. I really can't see the difficulty and why people over complicate it. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Im up for it but tbh I intend on keeping very quiet the next week or two as I know I will be in bad form :(
    Good luck to you and your mate also btw

I guess you didn't get the father ted reference, gl with quitting anyway, smoker myself.

You said I was trolling in another thread though. Feel free to point it out to me because I'm not a troll. My opinions may be controversial but the difference between me and a troll is that they are actually my opinions and I'm not just saying things to provoke people. If I wanted to provoke posters I could do a lot worse.

My point is that not being able to quit smoking says a lot about a person. If you don't have the dedication and will power to stop smoking (something which you have expressed you have the desire to do) then you are, in my eyes, a loser. If we like to dish out defintions then a loser is essentially someone who fails. If you can't quit smoking, something that you want to do, then you have failed i.e. you are a loser. I hope you do quit smoking and I'm not saying this to piss anyone off, it's my opinion and I'm sure some people agree but mightn't put it as bluntly as me.

Good luck, btw. Didn't realise you were the OP. Apparently the first few days are the worst, I'd imagine if you just set your mind to quitting after a few days you will be through the worst of it. 1 last one is a load of ****. You've gone a full day without them, do it for another few days and you are in the clear. I really can't see the difficulty and why people over complicate it. Best of luck

I don't know where it was as I have been on this all day pretty much. Well I amen't a loser yet anyway and just heading to bed now. No worries about being the OP and thanks
    nuxxx wrote: »

I guess you didn't get the father ted reference, gl with quitting anyway, smoker myself.

*feels like a 19year old blonde bird*
    Jeez I can't believe I didn't get that. Just watched a few episodes there to bring me back :) Cheers for the link

Should of course be asleep but its nothing unusual for me to be up this late so I am not worried. Just going to sleep now (hopefully) and being honest I thought this would be a lot worse. Tomorrow probably will be but for day 1 not bad me thinks.

Thanks to all the well wishers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Anyone post this so far?

Perfect soundtrack for the next couple of days... then it's over... I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

As said before if they are having a noticeably negative effect on your mind or body and you're smoking a lot it can be surprisingly easy to give up.

The main trouble spots for me are at times im really stressed out or if im at the pub (pretty much impossible for me at the pub).

TheZohan wrote: »
    Good stuff, you're doing really well. Maybe PM a mod and ask one to sticky your blog?

I'm just after having a lovely smoke along with a nice cup of coffee, kinda feel all tingly after the smoke to be honest, nicotine is such a wondrous drug. :)

Stay brave!

I have seen these sticky things but have no idea what it is lmao. I am still fairly new to boards being honest. I gather it makes the thread more visable or something but there is no real need. I am putting it up more for my own benefit than anything else but am delighted so many people wrote on it because got plenty good advice.

Anyone post this so far?

Perfect soundtrack for the next couple of days... then it's over... I promise.

Jesus this better not be anything like the sickness!!! Nah nobody had posted it yet man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭b.o.m.d.a.s.

are you still off them?

Spunge wrote: »
    As said before if they are having a noticeably negative effect on your mind or body and you're smoking a lot it can be surprisingly easy to give up.

The main trouble spots for me are at times im really stressed out or if im at the pub (pretty much impossible for me at the pub).

Well I won't say easy but day 1 was anyway :)

Ya the oul pub is going to be a big factor for me aswell, reckon I might give that up for a while too(not a promise :D ).

are you still off them?

Yep :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

So I have been a non smoker now for a whopping maybe 4 hours or that way.

I will let ye know either-way how it goes.

O M G well done!!!!

jesus ya swear u were dealing with cancer(Tho you could be as a smoker... sorry NON smoker!)

FUNNY i smoked as a teen and i NEVER became addiced! As an adult i smoked and NO addiction!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically its your own fault- So i dont fancy patting you on the back for "getting rid OF a disgusting habit you shouldnt have had" If you get cancer from smokin-ITS YOUR OWN FAULT.

And id say the same to someone who drank constantly and complained their liver was ****ed!

I T S

Y O U R

O W N

F A U L T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭b.o.m.d.a.s.

good luck with it:)

stay off them as long as you can, i'll keep an eye on your progress, and if you want to smoke, post here first and we'' try to talk you out of it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

O M G well done!!!!

jesus ya swear u were dealing with cancer(Tho you could be as a smoker... sorry NON smoker!)

FUNNY i smoked as a teen and i NEVER became addiced! As an adult i smoked and NO addiction!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically its your own fault- So i dont fancy patting you on the back for "getting rid OF a disgusting habit you shouldnt have had" If you get cancer from smokin-ITS YOUR OWN FAULT.

And id say the same to someone who drank constantly and complained their liver was ****ed!

I T S

Y O U R

O W N

F A U L T

Well whoopie-fùcking-do, aren't you great?

We all like to have a laugh in AH but it's not the same as someone messing up their liver from drink. This chap is quitting smoking before he gets cancer or anything nasty, fair play to him. He's not a hero but he never claimed to be...OK the thread should probably be in the Giving Up Smoking forum but that's up to the mods.

O M G well done!!!!

I T S

Y O U R

O W N

F A U L T

Did I blame you? Did I ask you for help? Did I ask you for pity? Did I ask you to be a sarcastic ******? Did I even ask you to leave a comment?

I just wonder what injustice the world has done to you that makes you feel the need to insult complete strangers..........

We all like to have a laugh in AH but it's not the same as someone messing up their liver from drink. This chap is quitting smoking before he gets cancer or anything nasty, fair play to him. He's not a hero but he never claimed to be...OK the thread should probably be in the Giving Up Smoking forum but that's up to the mods.

Ya I just put it in AH because its the only one I use lol. If some-one wants/or knows how to move it just tell me what I gotta do. thanks

Did I blame you? Did I ask you for help? Did I ask you for pity? Did I ask you to be a sarcastic ******? Did I even ask you to leave a comment?

I just wonder what injustice the world has done to you that makes you feel the need to insult complete strangers..........

DID I ASK YOU TO START SMOKING?

DID I ASK YOU TO GIVE IT UP

DID I ASK YOU TO SEEK ACCEPTANCE ABOUT GIVING UP SMOKING ONLINE????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

O M G well done!!!!

I T S

Y O U R

O W N

F A U L T

OP can, if nothing else, become an ex-smoker.. you becoming an ex-wanker is much less likely.

However, I am sure you are not to blame for being the way you are - it was your parents/society that made you that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think somebody needs a quiet time!

You know what, I think out of the two of us, I have less problems atm. That has got to be the most childish response of the day so far. I don't want to de-rail my own thread so I am ignoring you from now on.

• Advertisement

Yeh id start winding yourself down mister- because your getting wound up over F U C K A L L

Ah ya it is the same ! If someone drinks and drinks and DRINKS,,,,, iTS THE SAME AS SOMEONE WHO smokes and smokes and smokes!!!!

oh he stopped BEFORE he got cancer- Jesus hes such a great person to start doin something that would give him cancer and then stop.

FFS he shouldnt have been doin it in the 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement