Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel over winter?

• 28-04-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Guys,
    What do you do with outboard petrol over Winter? I find it fouls the carb and motor needs a clean & possible service in the new season? Is this just me?
    WD

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I put in a bit of petrol stabilizer in the tank and run the engine for a few min's till the carb bowl fills up. This will keep the petrol fresh and stop the build up of varnish and bacteria.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 WillieDonal

Fergal,
    Do you put the stabalizer in at the end of the season or the beginning of the season?
    WD

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

At the end, but you can also use it to clean up your carbs at any time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 WillieDonal

Thanks, I have never tried it, but I will now. WD

Advertisement