Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year old is acting up, advice?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I've had a relatively stress free eleven months but my daughter is starting to cry alot more if I take a toy off her, putting her to bed and if I leave the room. Generally if she doesn't get her own way she starts a fuss.

Is she at an age where I have to start disciplining her and if so how do you do this to a one year old? Should I just leave her cry out? I want to nip this in the bud as I don't want to be a slave to her every whim.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They don't really react to discipline until they're closer to two so you might try but it won't really stick with her yet.

Our fella went through a similar whingey time, it was a phase really, he's happy doing his own thing again now, teething is a big contributing factor. Also when they start walking they get clingy for a little while.

While it was going on we'd just try distracting him. If he's throwing a tantrum we just let him off and try and get him interested in something else. We ended up in fits laughing the day I stopped him sticking his hand down the toilet and he lay down on the floor crying in a temper, then he started laughing as well. :D

To be honest, seeing as you're thinking about this now shows that you will not have her walking all over you! Don't worry you'll do great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

i'm in same boat, i'm no help as i'm clueless what to do. She started biting today and when i screamed to give out she bawled. I only scream as it bloody well hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

My little girl (14 months) is the same, we tried saying no to discourage her from doing things, but now she just says 'no' or 'ah ah' before she does something naughty :D

I agree, unfortunately there's not a lot you can do at the moment bar ignore the tantrums & let your little one see your not going to give into them.

We found after ignoring her first few tantrums, thankfully she's not inclined to throw them so much anymore.
    Hopefully your little girl will grow out of the tantrums soon :)

Advertisement