Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Adams gone from Ireland

Options
  • 28-04-2011 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Apparently the company who was importing Sam Adams into Ireland (along with several other beers) went bang a couple of weeks ago, so it's gone...

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

First time I had this was in NY earlier this year. Can't really say I'm going to miss it much (not that I had it when it was here!).

Didn't appeal to me at all, was it an acquired taste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

chin_grin wrote: »
    Didn't appeal to me at all, was it an acquired taste?

A bit. Needed a couple of bottles to get used to it, after that, very much a sipping beer with a very full flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Ahh that's a shame, I quite liked their Boston lager. Didn't get round to trying any others. Maybe I will pick up some before the stock dries up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I reckon someone else will distribute it. It had picked up a niche fan base over the years.

Barry & Fitzwilliam will be distributing it soon. They've taken on a lot of new beers recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Theres not just one company who import Sam Adams into Ireland quite a few.
    The only places who will suffer are the ones who only deal with single suppliers for certain products.
    Ive plenty in stock and more arriving tomorrow ;)

Bit far to drive to though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Theres not just one company who import Sam Adams into Ireland quite a few.
    The only places who will suffer are the ones who only deal with single suppliers for certain products.
    Ive plenty in stock and more arriving tomorrow ;)

Is that just your branch or all of the Molloys?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Is that just your branch or all of the Molloys?

Im sure all our other branches shouldnt have a problem.
    C and R and Porterhouse bring it in themselves aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It will now be coming in from Noreast Beers in Dundalk. A number of Pallets already on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Excellent! If you can get hold of the Holiday Porter (when in season) I'd love to see that back on the shelves here.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Excellent! If you can get hold of the Holiday Porter (when in season) I'd love to see that back on the shelves here.

+ 1,000

If you could also get hold of some of the selection boxes, that would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Sam summer and red are really nice if anyone gets a chance to try them.

I think there was a blueberry one too which was pretty good.

I never even knew it was being imported into Ireland though, how much was it on sale for?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

BeerNut wrote: »

Baby steps to start with AFAIK. Could evolve over time as the relationship grows.

(always visit the breweries every so often - this could be fun!!! fingers crossed)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Berty wrote: »
    always visit the breweries every so often - this could be fun!
    Certainly could: they've a few of them. Cincinnati's the biggest.

Berty wrote: »
    It will now be coming in from Noreast Beers in Dundalk. A number of Pallets already on the way.

Make sure it's getting to McHugh's (Dublin) Please !!

Was picking up a six pack earlier & it's gone up €1 (to €10.99) because of the change of supplier which is bad, but, I was told in my local McHugh's that they hope to start getting the seasonals in shortly. Doesn't think they'll get Octoberfest on time, but after that it should be a regular occurrence. Which is good. Yay !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alwayssunny

Not a lover of the stuff but I know Baggot Street Wines have it in stock at the moment.

Advertisement