Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom To Vodaphone

• 28-04-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭

I just had a sales person from Vodaphone at the door and compared to Eircom its €18 cheaper a month. The package is €62 a month with up to 24MB, has anyone made the change over?

I see there is a Vodaphone sub forum, but am worried I’ll get a bias reply.

Thanks for any help/information!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've no experience of Eircom, but was with Vodafone from when BT pulled out until late last year, and I found them appalling. Is UPC an option for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

From what the sales fella was saying they are basically reselling the Eircom service from Eircom wholesale.

I’ve heard horror stories on Upcs fair usage caps and then I don’t like the router/wiring set up.

Vodaphone had me sold on the faster speeds; 300GB download allowance and basically the same as Eircom with a different name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

jeffk wrote: »
    From what the sales fella was saying they are basically reselling the Eircom service from Eircom wholesale.

I’ve heard horror stories on Upcs fair usage caps and then I don’t like the router/wiring set up.

Vodaphone had me sold on the faster speeds; 300GB download allowance and basically the same as Eircom with a different name.

If they are offering 24Mb then they are not reselling Eircom's product.

They are using their own equipment in the exchange. Eircom do have a 24Mb product but there are also Vodafone LLU products.

If they are offering 24Mb then they are not reselling Eircom's product.

They are using their own equipment in the exchange. Eircom do have a 24Mb product but there are also Vodafone LLU products.

There is one, I think it was sold more towards the business user. But im not sure

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/bundles/170131052/15/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I am on the 24Mb which i got when it was BT Ireland. It depends on the exchange. BT had 22 exchanges unbundled when it sold itself to vodafone.

Anyway, i am not a fan of vodafone if anything goes wrong. Not sure they really have the support systems.

Secondly it seems many of the problems happen when changing providers. They are cheaper but can be a nervous time when moving.

• Advertisement

I’ve seen a lot of horror stories alright, I’ve a neighbour and a friend on them and they seem to like them. Like most things they are great till they go wrong, plus I had plenty of practice dealing with eircom before “NGB” and their terrible speeds/congestion.

You hit the nail on the head; I’ve a friend who works in Eircom checking to make sure they don’t charge to cancel before I move over. Also I’ve told the rep with my mam not being well we can’t have down time, so IF it happens I’ll be onto them quoting his promises.

Advertisement