Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen extractor fan

Options
  • 28-04-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I am helping a friend put in a new extrator fan in his kitchen. The location of the new fan will be different to the the old one.

What's the best material to fill the old hole for the old extractor fan? Expanding foam?
    Do I need to drill a pilot hole from inside to outside and then drill the full size required from the outside to inside, to prevent destroying the render/pebble dash?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Pilot hole will help yes

Can u reuse the piece being cut out in the existing hole. EF on its own not enough for weather proofing/vermin proofing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Carlow52 wrote: »
    Pilot hole will help yes

Can u reuse the piece being cut out in the existing hole. EF on its own not enough for weather proofing/vermin proofing etc

Not sure as I'm only going to the house tomorrow so haven't seen the sizes yet. He has a plasterer coming on Saturday so he might have a bit of gear to fill it.

Advertisement