Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intercounties Triathlon - Monaghan

• 28-04-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Just a reminder about the Intercounties Triathlon taking place just outside Monaghan Town on Saturday at 12:00noon... beyond Ballinode. Today is the last day to get your entry in online at runireland if you need Insurance. I think you can enter on the day if you are a TI Member.

Prizes in the usual age catagories, but also in County catagories.

I did the swim in Holywood lake last night.. the water was quite clear and in places, not very deep either. Nice cycle lap (x3) with a few nice smallish climbs, and a good amount of turns. Run is an out an back, with a few tough climbs on the way out. Nicer on the way back.

Should be good craic!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Hi, I attended today's event, it was super. It was my first insight into triathlon events, and it made me breathless just watching it. Brilliantly well done to everyone including the organisers, pity there was not more publicity done on it locally! Are the results published anywhere???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Looked like a great event. I was there and took some photographs.
    5675728379_31dedff49a_b.jpg
    MucknoTri Triathlon -8 by BFassassin, on Flickr

More here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Thank you for your reply and lovely photos, that's super.

I found the results at http://www.irishtriathlon.com/index.php/2011/04/intercounties-triathlon-at-hollywood-lake-monaghan/ but not knowing the competitors I would have liked if the club/county of each participant was included in the details.
    However, I think Patrick McKenna, David Kildea and Dessie Duffy (2nd, 3rd and 4th) are among the Monaghan people.
    Jeez, makes me breathless just thinking about the event. Fair dues to them all, that's endurance!

Advertisement