Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help finding a good MENS hairdressers in Dublin?

• 28-04-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all
    My other half has a head of really thick wavy hair. Every time he goes to the hairdressers (not barbers) they take chunks out of it and cut it way too short. The last cut which was so bad, I stopped him from cutting it for a few months and he has now grown it to about 3 inches and it needs to be cut.

Can anyone recommend someone good in Dublin who can style mens hair well when its like this? My OH says he's getting it cut in the next 2 days so I need to find someone fast!

He's in his 40's BTW so its not necessarily super trendy he wants rather than a good style.

Thanks a mill

Lara

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is he not old to be making these decisions all by himself? Let him do what he wants with his hair ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭C2

@MagicMarker
    Really, you don't need to curse and FYI he asked me to help him find someone as he's clueless about hairdressers so I was just trying to help. He found it really embarassing going into work the last time with bunchy hair. I let him do whatever he wants BUT when he asks for my help I do my best!!

Your reply was UNNECESSARY and childish. Better that you don't answer if you have nothing to contribute of worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What cut/style is he looking for?

If he's not getting the cut he wants in a hairdressers then why not try a good barber instead? Seems a bit silly to avoid those trained and experienced in mens cuts and taking a chance with a womans stylist who will have little experience in short haircuts and styles.

If you find a good mens stylist then let us know as this question does pop up again and again. Would be very interested in seeing before and after pics too if he's not too camera shy.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sammie36

I would highly recommend luantic fringe on grafton street. Tamara is just fantastic. I went after numerous recommendations from friends about her and found her down to earth and really professional. Adored my haircut which is a first as normally I just leave hairdressers with shorter hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Katie_Mac

Any of the grafton barbers would do :) Very good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He needs a barbers. If its unisex place you need theres a decent one on Liffey Street across from Burdocks. But honestly this is a case where sexism is needed - he needs someone to cut his hair, not a woman to style it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭C2

Hi
    Thought I'd let you all know the hair result. He ended up going to Brownsugar to a guy called John. He did a fab job, it took years off him and everyone has been telling him how well he looks. He's been back a second time now and same result. His hairstyle now suits his face and looks very groomed. He doesn't find it difficult to manage either.

OldGoat- I don't think there's a chance he'd allow photos to be put up but I hope that the information is helpful either way!

Thanks for the replies.

C2

Advertisement