Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Expo in Galway

• 28-04-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭

Shoudl be mentioned in here i think.

Dog Expo comign up in Galway in Blackbox on 29th May. Be great fun for our dogs! Sorry to all the other animal lovers :(

www.dogexpo.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Boogiewoogie

Really looking forward to this event, we have a stand at it. All I have to do now is find out how to get to Blackbox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Really looking forward to this event, we have a stand at it. All I have to do now is find out how to get to Blackbox :)
    It's on the Dyke road...yes the Black Box up Dyke road:rolleyes::D

I put a thread up about it in Galway forum too, so excited about it, can't wait!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Really looking forward to this..anyone know if we can bring our dogs?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

http://www.dogexpo.ie/visitor-info.html

Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead, supervised at all times, and brought outdoors for regular toilet breaks. Waste bags will be available to purchase on the day.

That'll be a yes then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

EGAR has been offered a free stall there so I am delighted and will be seeing you all there :).

• Advertisement

Blueprint wrote: »
    That'll be a yes then!

Thanks :o I know I should have checked the website but was too lazy :p

EGAR wrote: »
    EGAR has been offered a free stall there so I am delighted and will be seeing you all there :).

Do you need a hand on the day for the stall??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

:(
    TillyGirl wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this..anyone know if we can bring our dogs?!

Im bringing mine regardless...its his day out.:)

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Do you need a hand on the day for the stall??

Yes please :) and bring your hamsters :). I will have a few with me as well :).

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭selfbuildache

AFAIK MADRA Dog Rescue are running the gig - it's in aid of them and a way for them to get their profile up as a dog rescue group in Galway. their website is www.madra.ie if anyone wants any info. (I'm also too lazy to check out the expo site:D)

• Advertisement

we know that..thanks:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

AFAIK MADRA Dog Rescue are running the gig - it's in aid of them and a way for them to get their profile up as a dog rescue group in Galway. their website is www.madra.ie if anyone wants any info. (I'm also too lazy to check out the expo site:D)

Thanks selfbuildache - great to know it's for a charity, it might encourage people to make the effort to go.

I'd love to travel down with my boy(s). Anybody know the welcome status of the RB's?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Whispered wrote: »
    Thanks selfbuildache - great to know it's for a charity, it might encourage people to make the effort to go.

I'd love to travel down with my boy(s). Anybody know the welcome status of the RB's?

Also wondering about this before we commit to making the 3 hour journey up.

Hopefully they raise loads. it's nice to see an event like this where dog lovers can bring their canine pals along with them!
    Should be a great day out while promoting awareness of rescues and raising funds for a good cause, all with the doggies best interests at heart:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I'm sure there welcome once muzzled. EGAR has a stand so I'm sure she would be able to clarify.

From the website:

MADRA Dog Expo takes place from 10am to 5pm on Sunday, May 29th, 2011. A detailed timetable of activities will be uploaded soon so please check back. Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead, supervised at all times, and brought outdoors for regular toilet breaks. Unfortunately due to Irish law all restricted breeds must be muzzled. Waste bags will be available to purchase on the day.

http://www.dogexpo.ie/visitor-info.html

I am bringing an AmBull-, they are not restricted so no muzzle required.

So who's coming to this on Sunday? Drop by the EGAR stall and say hi! Whispered are you making the trip down?

I don't think so Tillygirl, my boys have never worn a muzzle and I think Harley would be very distressed after a long drive and then a new piece of kit. Neurotic fella that he is :rolleyes:

Also think I'm making the trip the following week for his neutering. :)

Quick question on this....why are peopled bothered about breed of dog, just bring your companion like i am regardless of the situation or circumstances.:)

• Advertisement

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Quick question on this....why are peopled bothered about breed of dog, just bring your companion like i am regardless of the situation or circumstances.:)

I'm not bothered about breed, but I'm respecting the rules as laid down by the organisers. It's a bit of a drive for me to go "regardless of situation". It's not like I can turn home easily if I'm forced to muzzle my boys. (I'm in Kildare) I appreciate the fact that the organisers likely have very little choice. It sounds like it will be a great day and all, just not very pratical for me to attend all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I'm going, bringing Rooney along, he came from MADRA originally, he was supposed to be rehomed from here, but I just fell in love with him and he stayed:rolleyes: So listen out for the woowooing, and you'll find me, I'll be on the Tails 'n' Trails stand for most of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'd love to go to this, but having a dog who is a nervous pee-er means indoor things are pretty much a no no :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

ISDW wrote: »
    I'll be on the Tails 'n' Trails stand for most of the day.

I was looking at this... would love to have a chat about canicross/ canix if possible... all depends whether my wonder hound will stay calm enough for me to even be there :o never mind talk to anyone.

I also see there's microchipping being done. It's been on my to do list so no excuses now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

littlebug wrote: »
    I was looking at this... would love to have a chat about canicross/ canix if possible... all depends whether my wonder hound will stay calm enough for me to even be there :o never mind talk to anyone.

I also see there's microchipping being done. It's been on my to do list so no excuses now.

Come over and have a chat, I'll have a crate there for Rooney, don't know how your dog is with crates, but you could always pop him/her into it for a short while if you needed:D

I'm not bothered about breed, but I'm respecting the rules as laid down by the organisers. It's a bit of a drive for me to go "regardless of situation". It's not like I can turn home easily if I'm forced to muzzle my boys. (I'm in Kildare) I appreciate the fact that the organisers likely have very little choice. It sounds like it will be a great day and all, just not very pratical for me to attend all things considered.
    I've PMd you whispered, MADRA don't make the stupid Irish laws and God knows they have rehomed enough restricted breeds:rolleyes:

can't wait for Sunday and looking forward to putting a face to the usernames!smile.gif

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'd love to go to this, but having a dog who is a nervous pee-er means indoor things are pretty much a no no :(
    you shouldn't let that put you off Acoshla, accidents can only be expected!

My dogs won't be used to this kind of indoor environment and that's exactly why I'm bringing them...it'll be good for them to get used to and it's not too often I have the opportunity to let them be involved at an indoor event like this so I'm going to make the most of it!

hope you change your mind:)

magentas wrote: »
    you shouldn't let that put you off Acoshla, accidents can only be expected!

My dogs won't be used to this kind of indoor environment and that's exactly why I'm bringing them...it'll be good for them to get used to and it's not too often I have the opportunity to let them be involved at an indoor event like this so I'm going to make the most of it!

hope you change your mind:)

I have it on good authority that there will be plenty of mops and buckets there on the day! Accidents will happen at events like this and there's nothing to be embarrassed about.

• Advertisement

I don't think so Tillygirl, my boys have never worn a muzzle and I think Harley would be very distressed after a long drive and then a new piece of kit. Neurotic fella that he is :rolleyes:

Do you think a halti or similiar will be enough? I had wanted to bring our pup but dont want to muzzle her. Bringing our foster dog though!
    Galway K9 wrote: »

Its the law and MADRA have to enforce it, you cant blame them for that.

Aw you should come, Pop might suprise you!

Advertisement