Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Expo in Galway

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

I`ll be there also, bring my little "terror" she will be the ankle sized
    spoilt brat who thinks shes a great dane !!

Cant wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ruben

Madra has no authority to enforce any laws.
    They are simply pointing out the law as it stands and it's up to each person to comply as they see fit.
    Madra want as many two legged and four legged friends there as possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

ruben wrote: »
    Madra has no authority to enforce any laws.
    They are simply pointing out the law as it stands and it's up to each person to comply as they see fit.
    Madra want as many two legged and four legged friends there as possible :)

But surely admission could be refused to anyone not complying with the law? It might affect the insurance if people didn't comply.

I don't know, just pointing out that you might not be able to get in if you don't comply with the (stupid and wrong) law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I think the majority of people can see the bind that the organisers are in and are not taking offence to the fact that they have to be seen to comply with the law.

Anyway, we might go camping in Galway tomorrow night, weather permitting, which means we'll be in the area, going to pray for the sun to come out though. And buy a new tent. We camped last weekend and the poor boys spent most of the time in their crates sheltering in the porch of the tent. We felt bad for them and allowed them both into the bedroom part to sleep with us and during the night they decided it would be great fun to break out. :rolleyes: We all ended up huddled in the dry part after they destroyed 2 of the zips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Whispered I hope not being too forward but i doubt weather will be good. Your family and dogs are welcome at mine with fella here as its just him and I in 3 bed house...

The offers there anyways...

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    I think the majority of people can see the bind that the organisers are in and are not taking offence to the fact that they have to be seen to comply with the law.

Anyway, we might go camping in Galway tomorrow night, weather permitting, which means we'll be in the area, going to pray for the sun to come out though. And buy a new tent. We camped last weekend and the poor boys spent most of the time in their crates sheltering in the porch of the tent. We felt bad for them and allowed them both into the bedroom part to sleep with us and during the night they decided it would be great fun to break out. :rolleyes: We all ended up huddled in the dry part after they destroyed 2 of the zips!

:eek::pac:Sorry, shouldn't laugh, but I can just picture you all

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Whispered I hope not being too forward but i doubt weather will be good. Your family and dogs are welcome at mine with fella here as its just him and I in 3 bed house...

The offers there anyways...

Thats very kind. I just checked the weather forecast and it's to be dull with temps of approx 12 degrees. Not too bad at all. Light showers expected. If we decide to go down I think we'll risk camping if we find a suitable park- thank you though.

Thats very kind. I just checked the weather forecast and it's to be dull with temps of approx 12 degrees. Not too bad at all. Light showers expected. If we decide to go down I think we'll risk camping - thank you though.

No Prob, enjoy it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Well who went, what did ye think?

We went in, great crowd don't think that much was expected. Was no big issue with dog's being muzzled either.

Hopefully they'll make it a yearly event in a bigger venue next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Yip I was there, had a great day. Fair play to madra they got a great crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I was there for a while. What a brilliant day and fantastic turnout. So many dogs in one place and I didn't see one incident. Even my own was very well behaved. I got my dog microchipped which was my main aim and picked up some bits and bobs. All good. Fair play to madra.... some organisational feat!

I was there all day, had a lovely day, have a sore throat from talking to so many people, was lovely to meet Tillygirl and littlebug from here, and someone else, who says he is a lurker on here:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Was lovely to meet you ISDW, hope you enjoyed your cupcake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Msking

& jammed, my poor lil dog had to be up in my arms a lot but she loved it! Got her a few toys too and she had her nose stuck in the bag to get her treats when we got home. I am sure it will be on every year - bigger and better (if it can get better) next year! Well done all involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I was there, thought it was amazing, wonderful to see so many people with their dogs and supporting dog welfare. I was volunteering at the Madra stand and was looking after the puppies for a couple of hours - tough gig!!!

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Was lovely to meet you ISDW, hope you enjoyed your cupcake :D

Thank you, yes it was lovely:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

We had a great day; it was a credit to all involved, and it was so lovely to see so many dogs and dog lovers in the one place. Our lady was so tired after the days excitement that I had to drag her out to do her business before her bedtime:p. She won one of the categories in the dog show too, so I was very proud:D. We picked up two lovely dog beds, lots of dog food samples, and even something for the cats, and we even met our vet:D

Highlight of the day was definitely the bulldog called 'Alfie', what a fantastic dog, gorgeous:D, if his owner is on here he is a credit to you, we are still talking about how fab he was today!!!

We had a great day; it was a credit to all involved, and it was so lovely to see so many dogs and dog lovers in the one place. Our lady was so tired after the days excitement that I had to drag her out to do her business before her bedtime:p. She won one of the categories in the dog show too, so I was very proud:D. We picked up two lovely dog beds, lots of dog food samples, and even something for the cats, and we even met our vet:D

Highlight of the day was definitely the bulldog called 'Alfie', what a fantastic dog, gorgeous:D, if his owner is on here he is a credit to you, we are still talking about how fab he was today!!!

We met him aswell, he was such a fab dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

It was great, even though I was dogless:( Hope to remedy that by next year... and arrive earlier to get parking:mad:
    I think a bigger venue would be better next year, it was pretty cramped.
    Well done to the Madra for all they do, it's badly needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

RubyGirl wrote: »
    [/B]

We met him aswell, he was such a fab dog.

Wasn't he gorgeous!!!! An absolute beaut!!! And so friendly and playful too, he was a dote:D

• Advertisement

speaking of which, i have a white whippet (breed not confirmed) detroyed in mange and what i can only describe as stab wounds from some sort of small sharp object, found opposite the black box that afternoon, I am very tempeted to keep her as Jack is def in love (tho nuetered) but if anyone knows any info or (ill take her suggestions) pls let me know.

She is such an adorable, sweet, and fun loving pup that i couldnt put past 16 weeks, pls tell me asap as jack is def getting attached.:( i do not wanna give in too jack AGAIN:)

Galway K9 wrote: »
    but if anyone knows any info or

Suggestions on where she came from, or suggestions on dealing with mange?

Suggestions on where she came from, or suggestions on dealing with mange?

Being from Galway i know where she came from :mad:...but she was in horrid state when i found her and looking for a home. Philip from glenina sorted me with worming and i had mange stronghold myself...just looking for someone to take her and love her....shes a good pup and very easy going.

Advertisement