Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official C&H royal wedding street party

Options
  • 27-04-2011 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭

Mod Note:
    Seeing as there seems to be a fair few of ye interested in the royal wedding tomorrow, I decided to move all the posts from the yaaahh thread to it's own special Royal Wedding thread. Enjoy folks.

Royal-Wedding-Invitation.gif

I randomly ended up watching Prince William and Kate's engagement interview and omg they're the cutest couple ever and they actually make jokes and she's so pretty. I may actually watch the wedding because I <3 them /gay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Namlub wrote: »
    I randomly ended up watching Prince William and Kate's engagement interview and omg they're the cutest couple ever and they actually make jokes and she's so pretty. I may actually watch the wedding because I <3 them /gay

I am definitely watching it :D I think they're insanely cute...it seems so genuine compared to some of their set up crap. I mainly want to see her dress tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I spent all evening watching videos about the wedding. Excitement.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Haha, I was just about to dig up the Guilty Pleasures thread and then I see this...anyone watch the hour long thing on TV3 just there? And I'm going out tomorrow night and there's so much stuff on TV3 so I'm gonna have to record it all and get up super early on Friday morning and watch it all before the wedding.

I saw the trailer for the movie and cringed...so, so much. IT'S GOING TO BE BRILLIANT. :D

Slow Show wrote: »
    Haha, I was just about to dig up the Guilty Pleasures thread and then I see this...anyone watch the hour long thing on TV3 just there? And I'm not going out tomorrow night and there's so much stuff on TV3 so I'm gonna have to record it all and get up super early on Friday morning and watch it all before the wedding.

I saw the trailer for the movie and cringed...so, so much. IT'S GOING TO BE BRILLIANT. :D

Hour long special? And I missed it? GODAMMIT :(

The movie is fairly long tomorrow...and I have an exam on Friday...screw it, I'm totally watching it :D

I also bought 2 almost identical magazines today because they had royal wedding specials in it. I never have time for reading magazines any more. I'm obsessed :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I am definitely watching it :D I think they're insanely cute...it seems so genuine compared to some of their set up crap. I mainly want to see her dress tbh...
    I lol'd at the interviewer though, "William, how did you propose and Kate, what was your answer?" Erm, what do you think her answer was?
    I'd say her dress will be amazing, gah I can't wait ^_^
    Slow Show wrote: »
    Haha, I was just about to dig up the Guilty Pleasures thread and then I see this...anyone watch the hour long thing on TV3 just there? And I'm going out tomorrow night and there's so much stuff on TV3 so I'm gonna have to record it all and get up super early on Friday morning and watch it all before the wedding.

I'm the girl he hangs out with, not the girl he comes home to!!
    It looks amazing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I totes saw it already but I can't wait to see it again..

Best. Movie. Ever.

His surname is Wales. Shit is crazy

Namlub wrote: »
    His surname is Wales. Shit is crazy

Isn't it MountBatten-Windsor?

Edit: I swear I'm not crazy. But I went on a wikipeding-the-royals binge the other day..

Yeh I thought it was too but apparently they use Wales cos Prince Charles is the Prince of Wales..which doesn't really make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I don't really like the whole monarchy thing but I might watch a bit of it for the guests there. Must be costing the British an absolute bomb!

They should film the reception, now that would be worth watching. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

flyswatter wrote: »
    I don't really like the whole monarchy thing but I might watch a bit of it for the guests there. Must be costing the British an absolute bomb!

They should film the reception, now that would be worth watching. :D

I wish I could get a country to sponsor my wedding. She can have anything she wants and more than likely doesn't have to worry about paying for it. I'm so so jealous. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford all my grand plans....... :(

Unless I marry Harry.

Harry got kinda hot tbf, get in there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Unless I marry Harry.

BACK OFF!
    /bitch

I'm officially calling C&H superduperdibs on Harry.
    :D

Did you know that Diana's engagment ring was ACTUALLY left to Harry?? It should have been mine...

(Yes. I am crazy. But I'm sick, so humour me.)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I mainly want to see her dress tbh...
    I'd prefer to see her without ... actually, nvm! >_>

Edit:
    Isn't it MountBatten-Windsor?

Edit: I swear I'm not crazy. But I went on a wikipeding-the-royals binge the other day..
    Yes, that is the family name. They adopted Windsor as the name of the royal family in 1917, and Liz and Philip decided in the 40's that their own direct descendants would carry the name Mountbatten-Windsor to include Philip's surname.

He's William OF Wales strictly, but I noticed he was conferred in St. Andrew's as "William Wales". It's short and sweet, I guess, even if a slightly old-fashioned usage to use the title as the actual surname.

Must study...must not watch that movie...must study...

It doesn't help that my housemates are as obsessed as I am...please no one mention watching it or we'll all end up failing...

I would so play this if it it was on at an acceptable time to have people around drinking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

OH MY GOD

WE HAVE A ROYAL WEDDING THREAD

OH MY QUEEN

I'd tap her just fyi..

Kate, not the Queen. .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I love Kate :) Although knowing me, I'll probably just watch the wedding to see her dress and the celebrations as they leave :P

I love the movie, it's so naff.

'I'm the girl he hangs out with, not the girl he brings home!'

Kate's accent is HILARIOUS

• Advertisement

Did everyone just see him squeeze her arse???

That's hardly very prince-like!!

Loving the movie :D haha. And the friends they're sharing an appartment with are even cooler than them.

Loving the movie :D haha. And the friends they're sharing an appartment with are even cooler than them.

Some craic!

OMG. I actually want to be her. I'm so uncool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

So like, will I be considered weird if I somehow ended up watching this tomorrow??

Dear god no!

Wedding of the century!

I've got my alarm set already um yeah, I guess I might watch it and stuff too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

What times it start??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Two people I've never met are getting married?

OH. MY. GOD.

What times it start??

Half 8! I'll be watching on TV3. Omg, film just finished. I loved it!! <3

• Advertisement

Oh sweet baby jesus.
    So I watched the movie just there with my whole family. And throughout it all we were just screaming "THAT DID NOT HAPPEN!". Talk about some parts being unrealistic :P
    But still, I lurrrrrved it with it's cheesiness <3

As my dad says "to be continued........tomorrow".

Oh I'm so excited now :D (and i really didn't care earlier today)

Advertisement