Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official C&H royal wedding street party

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    What's the difference between Prince and THE prince? :confused:

May I also point out a 4 year old is eight in line..

That'll all change when Willy has kiddies though
    He won't be called Harry anymore cos they'll have to use his proper name and whatnot :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Namlub wrote: »
    He won't be called Harry anymore cos they'll have to use his proper name and whatnot :'(

Why does that happen only *after* Charles becomes King, out of curiosity and a laziness to google it myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

They'll still be able to call him Harry? :P

Will he be a HRH then?

I dunno actually, like the queen's sister is called The Princess Royal so apparently they like changing everyone's name to sound as fancy as possible... HRH The Prince Henry -_- Though I think he's a HRH already

I dunno actually, like the queen's sister is called The Princess Royal so apparently they like changing everyone's name to sound as fancy as possible... HRH The Prince Henry -_- Though I think he's a HRH already

Oh he is.. It appears everyone in the Royal Family is a HRH.. Awks for me

• Advertisement

Anne, The Princess Royal. *nods knowingly*

It's beyond sad how much time I've spent on wikipedia looking up all this Royal family lark. I looked up the list of succession to the throne and wow, that's a long list...I don't really see why they need to list the 202nd person in line to the throne, but okay!

Slow Show wrote: »

It's beyond sad how much time I've spent on wikipedia looking up all this Royal family lark. I looked up the list of succession to the throne and wow, that's a long list...I don't really see why they need to list the 202nd person in line to the throne, but okay!

Same.. Times like these I wish we had a royal family.. :(

On that note, yano Prince Charles' brother? He has two daughters, which makes them part of the royal family. If they were getting married, would it be such a big deal is the Kate/Wills wedding? Like would it be televised and all? I don't see why it would, but it'd be fairly unfair on her if twasn't.. :P

I was looking at that like three seconds ago, so long... And it's full of people who are already kings and queens of other countries which seems...weird. You immediately lose your place for marrying a Catholic, better get that sorted out before I marry HRH The Prince Henry Harry...

Did you know if you become Queen/King of the UK that you rule over like 12 countries? Canada's one of them..

Same.. Times like these I wish we had a royal family.. :(

On that note, yano Prince Charles' brother? He has two daughters, which makes them part of the royal family. If they were getting married, would it be such a big deal is the Kate/Wills wedding? Like would it be televised and all? I don't see why it would, but it'd be fairly unfair on her if twasn't.. :P
    Yeah Beatrice and Eugenie (lol I'm sad, didn't even have to look that up), they're results of Charles' brother, Andrew, the Duke of York's marriage with Sarah Ferguson, sometimes known was 'Fergie' but they ended up getting divorced and dramatically, Sarah wasn't invited to the wedding and was told to make herself 'scarce' for the day and not draw attention to herself, despite the fact that her daughters and ex-husband were invited. Thick enough like. But yeah, it'd be a big enough affair I think, there'd be a big attendance but it wouldn't be held in Westminster Abbey, but it would probably be in a big fancy church. Sarah and Andrew got married in Westminster Abbey actually, true story, and Andrew was like Harry is today.
    I was looking at that like three seconds ago, so long.. And it's full of people who are already kings and queens of other countries which seems...weird. You immediately lose your place for marrying a Catholic, better get that sorted out before I marry HRH The Prince Henry Harry...
    Yeah I was reading about this guy who was 11th in line to the throne - Peter Phillips - and he wanted to marry a Catholic, but she had to change to Anglicanism so he wouldn't lose his place in line to the throne. Like c'mon, he's 11th in line to the throne, he has about as much chance of becoming king as I do. I guess Granny wouldn't be too happy with him...

• Advertisement

Yeah Beatrice and Eugenie (lol I'm sad, didn't even have to look that up), they're results of Charles' brother, Andrew, the Duke of York's marriage with Sarah Ferguson, sometimes known was 'Fergie' but they ended up getting divorced and dramatically, Sarah wasn't invited to the wedding and was told to make herself 'scarce' for the day and not draw attention to herself, despite the fact that her daughters and ex-husband were invited. Thick enough like. But yeah, it'd be a big enough affair I think, there'd be a big attendance but it wouldn't be held in Westminster Abbey, but it would probably be in a big fancy church. Sarah and Andrew got married in Westminster Abbey actually, true story, and Andrew was like Harry is today.

Sarah's the one who was going to sell stories to the papers and got caught out or something like that wasn't it? I wouldn't have invited her either tbf! She's a bit of a hooar! Why wouldn't they be married in Westminister Abbey? I totally plan on getting married there..

Yeah I was reading about this guy who was 11th in line to the throne - Peter Phillips - and he wanted to marry a Catholic, but she had to change to Anglicanism so he wouldn't lose his line to the throne. Like c'mon, he's 11th in line to the throne, he has about as much chance of becoming king as I do. I guess Granny wouldn't be too happy with him...
    And Prince Michael of Kent was seventh in line at his birth, but he gave up his place to marry a Catholic. Which sounds all romantic and stuff but she seems horrible... need to stop wiki-ing royal family members...

The Queen totally owns Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UK, Jamaica, Barbados and a lot more..
    I'm fair jealous.. :(

And Prince Michael of Kent was seventh in line at his birth, but he gave up his place to marry a Catholic. Which sounds all romantic and stuff but she seems horrible... need to stop wiki-ing royal family members...

Aaaaand I just googled that:
    Princess Michael of Kent:

'However, in May 2004 she was in the news when a group of black diners in a New York restaurant alleged that the Princess had told them to "get back to the colonies" when complaining about their noise.'

Smooooooth. :P

I loled at her calling them 'a group of rappers'

I loled at her calling them 'a group of rappers'

I love how wikipedia reputes it: -'This was untrue; the group consisted of an investment banker, a music mogul, a reporter, a television fashion correspondent, and a lawyer.'

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Did you know if you become Queen/King of the UK that you rule over like 12 countries? Canada's one of them..
    Lol, they don't rule over anywhere, tbh, and haven't for hundreds of years ... they get paraded out to open things, to be patrons of things, to open Parliament and to give the odd speech. The monarchy in general is the ultimate tourist attraction in the UK, which is the best (only? >_>) reason for keeping them on.

In the same way, the Queen is independently / technically Head of State / Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Bahamas, Barbados and a whole raft of other small islands.

Lol, they don't rule over anywhere, tbh, and haven't for hundreds of years ... they get paraded out to open things, to be patrons of things, to open Parliament and to give the odd speech. The monarchy in general is the ultimate tourist attraction in the UK, which is the best (only? >_>) reason for keeping them on.

In the same way, the Queen is independently / technically Head of State / Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Bahamas, Barbados and a whole raft of other small islands.

So she has nothing to do with running the UK or anything? :eek:
    She's just useless like our president kinda?

So she has nothing to do with running the UK or anything? :eek:
    Not a damn thing.

And even less to do with running Oz / NZ / Canada etc.

The President would be the nearest in terms of role in Ireland certainly ... she is the head of state and her role is to a great extent ceremonial.

Not a damn thing.

And even less to do with running Oz / NZ / Canada etc.

The President would be the nearest in terms of role in Ireland certainly ... she is the head of state and her role is to a great extent ceremonial.

Aww damn.. Does she get paid? Like since she's so rich she must be paid a lot? :P

• Advertisement

Aww damn.. Does she get paid? Like since she's so rich she must be paid a lot? :P
    There is a voted amount to the Queen / members of the royal family from the exchequer to cover some expenses / contribute to the maintenance of the royal residences.

However, most of their wealth is hereditary / derived from various estates and properties around Britain and abroad.

Advertisement