Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cellophane bags: where to get?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,

I've been trying to find cellophane bags in the Dublin area. These would be the kind of bags you put sweets/biscuits etc in.

Anybody any clue where to get them?

Thanks

Comments

Well I've only ever heard the word cellophane on American TV in relation to cling film, so I'm guessing you mean sandwich bags but aren't used to calling them that??

You can get them in most supermarkets. I get mine in tescos, they have a huge selection.

Edit: Sorry just googled them and realised they're not sandwich bags, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Seb83

Cellophane is usually the crunchy transparant plastic. Same material they wrap flowers in. It's hard enough to get, so I was wondering if anybody knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Kitchen compliments on Chatham St should have them. Or try eBay or sommat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Seb83

Thanks, I'll give them a try. Ebay also sells them, so might do that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

+1 for Olaolas post, I've gotten these clear plastic sweet bags in Kitchen Complements recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I bought sheets of cellophane from a florists when I was making my Christmas presents last year, cut them down to the size I needed, then tied them with fancy ribbon I'd bought in Hickeys. Looked very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

does anyone know where to get them in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Maybe try Brennans or delia's kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I know it is not Cork, but depending on how many you want Bagnboxman does food-safe bags for presentation stuff.

Advertisement