Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House - UPC connection

• 28-04-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

About to move into my new (first ever) house! I want to get broadband from UPC. Do I need to have a phone number to be able to use the router?? I know I saw the past owners had an eircom phone and a phone line.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Nope, UPC works through the same co-axial cable as to UPC TV. Doesn't use the eircom phone line at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shinnerssc

Thanks pizzahead. The reason I asked is that in the instructions it says

1) power off your PC and other networking devices and unplug them from their power source (this I obviously get!)

2) connect the active cable from the chorus ntl tv point to the connection labelled CABLE on the back of the wireless modem (this part I don't get, could you explain??)

Sorry I hate not knowing how to do this and having to ask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

shinnerssc wrote: »
    Hi,

About to move into my new (first ever) house! I want to get broadband from UPC. Do I need to have a phone number to be able to use the router?? I know I saw the past owners had an eircom phone and a phone line.

And be sure to avail of this deal when you sign up;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

shinnerssc wrote: »
    2) connect the active cable from the chorus ntl tv point to the connection labelled CABLE on the back of the wireless modem (this part I don't get, could you explain??)

That just means plug a cable from the UPC Cable point on the wall, to the socket on the modem...

Advertisement