Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in Stradbally

Options
  • 28-04-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea when the boil water notice is going to be lifted around Stradbally?
    It's really beginning to get on my nerves having to boil water for everything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Funnily enough I was going to start a thread over the weekend about this. It's a bloody head wreck at best. It says two weeks on the first notice they sent out so hopefully we'll get the all clear this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Anything to do with the sewage works? they still going on though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Slightly related and slightly off topic...what about the hard water in ferrybank? It's reeking havoc on our kettle's washing machines and our lovely skin. (permission to beat anyone who replies using the word calgon?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Slightly related and slightly off topic...what about the hard water in ferrybank? It's reeking havoc on our kettle's washing machines and our lovely skin. (permission to beat anyone who replies using the word calgon?)

Calgon would be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Rather than start a new thread I thought I might aswell revive this one. The water came back OK after the council "fixed" the filter and now after the rain its worse than it was before. The taste is of something that has gone "sceptic" plus a massive stink from overdosing with chlorine. Its so bad I won't even make tea or coffee from it after boiling the water, the chlorine taste goes but boiling won't shift that "sceptic" taste.

Anyone else notice this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Have smelled it reeking of chlorine from the tap and in the shower. Much stronger than before but wouldn't describe it as sceptic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

pajor wrote: »
    Have smelled it reeking of chlorine from the tap and in the shower. Much stronger than before but wouldn't describe it as sceptic.

The original problem was the sand in the filter went sceptic and its the same smell and taste as it was with the orignal problem. I don't think eveyone can taste what I'm on about as my wife notices the chlorine but not the sceptic taste after its been boiled - I can even smell it :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

cost of Calgon per wash=cost of a new machine in the long term. Not worth the Calgon.

Advertisement