Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Triail

• 28-04-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭

Have just finished reading the play (which actually has a surprising good storyline IMHO) and as per usual my teacher has given us absolutely no notes.....:mad:. Can anyone tell me what needs to be covered to do well in this question and also how long an answer for this question needs to be? I am fifth year and I know it's early to be talking bout dis but I know i have a good chance of being out for being out for Irish class next year (just don't ask!!) but I want to get an A1 in this subject! Any advice, notes etc on this topic would be great!!!

Go raibh míle maith agaibh!
    :):):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Answer should be about 2-3 pages

Big thing to focus on would be the hypocrisy of the society, an apparently devout Catholic society that drove away and wanted nothing to do with young women carrying illegitimate children.
    Molly's character is key, a prostitute and yet the only character that really cared and tried to help Máire.
    The roles played by other characters (the mother, the brothers, the social worker) can be asked, perhaps to comment on two of them
    Also the dramatic techniques used - flashbacks, the courtroom setting etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Hi well my teacher says around 2&1/2 pages and +1 for above but really anything could be asked, I got a notes book called An Triail, scagadh agus nótaí cuimsitheacha ardteist, by Diarmaid Ó Tuama, which I think is really good includes the play, 19 sample answers all for €5.65 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING I DIDN'T STUDY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I'm really confused as to what I really need to know for An Triail, or even how to go about studying it, or answering a question. Any tips? I'm aiming for an A1 in this subject, but this section just doesn't sit with me.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Not sure how hopeful this is but I've been told it's easier to get marks answering questions about Characters. Try to avoid answering on dramatic techniques etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Does anyone have suggestions for a good notes book. I have "Nótaí ar an Triail" by Ríona de Búrca. If I learned the notes from this book would I be covered?

THANKS!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

for good notes book i posted one above
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Hi well my teacher says around 2&1/2 pages and +1 for above but really anything could be asked, I got a notes book called An Triail, scagadh agus nótaí cuimsitheacha ardteist, by Diarmaid Ó Tuama, which I think is really good includes the play, 19 sample answers all for €5.65 :D
    Yeah, that book is the best book you can get for it, the answers are fantastic.

Advertisement