Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Couples holiday in Portugal

• 28-04-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Me and my girlfriend are thinking of heading to Portugal for two weeks maybe in late August/September. We're both in our late 20s and would be looking to go somewhere quiet enough but with a little bit of nightlife. We'd like a mixture of relaxing and doing a bit of sightseeing/travelling as well. We like being beside the sea but dont really want to spend all the time sunning ourselves. Would anyone have any suggestions of somewhere that would really suit couples? Ideally we'd like somewhere that is relaxed, where we can move around a bit, maybe stay in a few locations and has a bit of life as well (not too crazy though). Also somewhere that wouldn't do major damage to the wallet too would be good. Not a fan of the whole package holiday thing and crowded beaches/holiday resorts really dont do it for us. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Vilamoura for me. You would need to hire a car though to do some decent sight seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭f3qh5g0z6vc7ob

Hi Im currently travelling portugal in my campervan with the BF I would have to reccomend praia da areia branca! Its in the Algarve is close enough to Alburfria (night life part) praia da areia branca is quieter but has enough to keep you busy, pubs, restaurants sights etc. Google it and have a look. Alburfria is a bit more lively. If your looking to go more north then i suggest Porto its above Lisbon if your looking on map, this place was so romantic and beautiful.

Bring mosquito spray as there is quite a few of them flying about! (nothing major just if you usually attract them you will! my bf has no bites ive had a few)

The evenings can get a bit cold along the coast so a cardigan for the missus and a top for yourself.

Superbock is the local beer it is gorgeous and very cheap we buy it in supermarkets it works out approx 24cent a bottle (33ml)

If you are going to supermarkets look for bigger ones not the local, there is lidls here too, supermarkets we find good, Ping Doce, Intermache, Jumbo and Minipreco!

Hope you have a great time and if you see a red camper with the IRL sticker give us a wave! :D

Advertisement