Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Belfast

Options
  • 28-04-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Hey guys quick question im going to Belfast tomorrow do they take a irish driving licence for id in pubs clubs? Can someone please let me know im really stuck and need to know asap thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yeah. Unless you look mega young and it looks dodgy (they are much easier to make at home than the photocard ones :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

pow wow wrote: »
    Yeah. Unless you look mega young and it looks dodgy (they are much easier to make at home than the photocard ones :D).

Thanks panic over:D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭6679

Just wondering do they accept Garda ID?

No idea - never knew anyone who had one! Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

6679 wrote: »
    Just wondering do they accept Garda ID?

It depends, some places do, others don't. A lot of staff wouldn't be familiar with it. I worked in a place where we had to ID people, and even though I'm from the South and know what the Age Card is and what it looks like, I couldn't accept it.

• Advertisement

It depends, some places do, others don't. A lot of staff wouldn't be familiar with it. I worked in a place where we had to ID people, and even though I'm from the South and know what the Age Card is and what it looks like, I couldn't accept it.

Crap, so what form of ID do they accept? Do I have to switch my Drivers Licence to a UK one to use as ID? As carrying around my Southern Drivers Licence and Passport dont really appeal to me.

Has somewhere rejected your ROI driving licence as ID?

Na its just I dont like carrying around my ROI licence around with me would rather have something that fits into my wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

6679 wrote: »
    Na its just I dont like carrying around my ROI licence around with me would rather have something that fits into my wallet.

Could you try to squish it into your wallet? You could try your Age Card anyway, and just explain it to the bouncers, if asked. It might be accepted in some of the student pubs, I'm just going on where I used to work, which was pretty strict on ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

I never had problems using an irish provisional for id in the isle of man, england or any ohter place. norn iron could be dodgy if you run into a bouncer who's living in the good old days but ive never had problems myself

• Advertisement
Advertisement