Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

narrow fit shoes

Options
  • 28-04-2011 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what brands do E widths for kids?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Have you tried Clarks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Yes. They dont do E. They start from F, according to my local shoe people.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They do.
    I was always an E fitting as a kid and clarks or start rite were the only options.
    Clarks definately still do e fittings.
    http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-kids/size-is-_4infant/gender-is-girls/product-is-20343291

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

i have the opposite problem with my daughter.....shes a H fitting (and on occasion i've had to get the H fitting stretched!!) Disaster!!

Defo try clarkes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Try another of the Clarkes shops, they definitely have E's and, for some reason, I've always trusted them most as making shoes that properly fit a childs foot rather than the cheap stuff from Dunnes / Penneys etc. (don't get me wrong, our kids have the cheapies for banging around the garden in etc. but I prefer to have them in good shoes as much as possible).

Nike tend to be quite narrow fit too, I know I can never wear them as I'd have always been a H when I was a child...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Sleepy wrote: »
    Try another of the Clarkes shops, they definitely have E's and, for some reason, I've always trusted them most as making shoes that properly fit a childs foot rather than the cheap stuff from Dunnes / Penneys etc. (don't get me wrong, our kids have the cheapies for banging around the garden in etc. but I prefer to have them in good shoes as much as possible).

Nike tend to be quite narrow fit too, I know I can never wear them as I'd have always been a H when I was a child...

American shoes tend to run narrow...but I dont think runners are great for an all day shoe.

I like Clarkes, will have to get to another shop. Start rites do them too but I guess my local shops just dont stock an E width.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ladybird99

Ricosta/Pepino make narrow fitting shoes and are similar to Start Rite. I get them for my daughter in Vienna Shoes(Bray/Blackrock) but they are probably available from lots of shoe shops. Couldn't tell what width she is though but she has extremely narrow feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Up to the age of about 6 I often had to get shoes ordered in for my girls in an e fitting, as they got older a f is usually ok. Can never get cheap shoes to fit them dunnes shoes are very wide.

Ricosta shoes were always a very good fitting same with Clarkes but start right never fitted my two. Dwyers in Drogheda have a good selection of different brands, always found them better than the Clarkes shop for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

You could Try Little Piggies in Quayside, they have some European brands some of which suit my daughter who is also narrow. I would suggest phoning around various Clarks suppliers before you drive there because perhaps in cities they will have the narrow fitting shoes. I also buy StartRite shoes for her which are narrow, I managed to get some at a Paul Byrons shoe shop which I was delighted with:)

edit - sorry I mentioned Quayside but I thought I was on the Sligo forum!

Advertisement