Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cast Iron bath .......... foot

• 28-04-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Whilst renovating a my bath, standard cast iron bath from the 50s i broke one of the feet dohhhhhhh. Anyone one know where I could get a spare....anyone throwing out an old cast iron bath with similar feet?

Thanks for looking...photo attached

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You wont i imagine mangage to get a foot. Can you not prop it up with propperly secured blocks of wood. Its whats normally done in your situation.

Provided off course your boxing in the bath and cannot see the wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 colm ross

hi. bring it to a good welder.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Oh i had some of them from a cast iron bath i took a sledge to. Gone now im afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

HI
    I always keep these when taking out baths. Where abouts are you? PM details maybe I can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JCMM1

I have four of them knocking around getting rusty! More than welcome to them! pm your details.
    Am in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Gorbals

Similar situation - recently pulled a bath out of a field and the 3 of the legs are cracked/broken. Cant seem to come up to a set of cast iron claw legs anywhere. Anyone know where there might be some available?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

I got sorted in the here in Kilmainham, Alladins cave! Its like ALDI....you go in looking for one thing and come out with a Kitchen sink!

TomC

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gorbals

Thanks Tom - gave them a call and they dont have at the moment but looking at the website they have a lot of other bits im looking for!!

So if anyone else knows anywhere, preferably Munster area but I need these, and will ship from England if I need to.

Advertisement