Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand Bicycle.

Options
  • 28-04-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I may be in the wrong section but can someone please tell me does anywhere in Galway city sell 2nd hand bicycles? Preferably ladies Bikes? Cheers. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

There's a few on adverts.ie located in galway or maybe try 'on yer bike' bike shop in prospect hill... If you want cheap cheap you may get one in ine of the cash converters type of shop.. good luck in your search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Thank you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

There's a place on Earls Island, near the cathedral. Can't think of the name at the minute. They sell 2nd hand bikes. If you wait a month you'll get one handy enough when the students leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

There's a place on Earls Island, near the cathedral. Can't think of the name at the minute. They sell 2nd hand bikes. If you wait a month you'll get one handy enough when the students leave.
    Europa Cycles.

thanks ill check them out too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Karona wrote: »
    thanks ill check them out too. :)
    There's also West Ireland Cycling on Dominick Street who do bicycle hire and so might have some used ones to sell http://www.westirelandcycling.com.

Also, I do recall the chap from On Yer Bike, mentioned earlier, saying used ladies bikes were hard to come by as there is high demand for them. Hope you find one that suits though - current weather makes cycling around Galway a fantastic experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

ciotog wrote: »
    current weather makes cycling around Galway a fantastic experience.

It sure does! :)

OP - Could also post a "Wanted Ad" in the Advertiser. Am sure there are good unused Ladies Bikes sitting in sheds all over this fine town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

West Side Cycles has a bunch of used bicycles too.

I don't think there was this variety of choice for used bikes a few years back. I always thought this was odd for a college town not to have a huge turnover in used bikes.

Got myself a bike today in Westside Cycles. :D So thanks to everyone that helped out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Do you mind me asking was it expensive Karona? Been thinking of getting a bike for a while now but funds are a bit low!

• Advertisement

Mine was 79 euro with a free lock. There was other better ones for 99 euro mine is a little bit rusty but in perfect working order and i also get 2 free services.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Karona wrote: »
    Mine was 79 euro with a free lock. There was other better ones for 99 euro mine is a little bit rusty but in perfect working order and i also get 2 free services.
    That's not bad at all. Might go for one of the €99 ones if they are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

newkie wrote: »
    West Side Cycles has a bunch of used bicycles too.

I don't think there was this variety of choice for used bikes a few years back. I always thought this was odd for a college town not to have a huge turnover in used bikes.

Good point. However I do see alot of "college kids" cycling "kids bikes". I presume these are the bikes they had when they were 12/13 and they have them resurrected for the college years. Banging their knees off the handlebars. Cant be fun.

Advertisement