Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how long do cartell/motorcheck reports take?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

A quick question - if I pay go onto cartell/motorcheck tonight and pay for a check on a car, will the report come through straight away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

A matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

it is invaluable, i had a fone deal done earlier this month, i used carcheck.ie who imformed me that it was taxed as a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Motorcheck

Yep. the report is instant but if the finance result shows up as positive you'll have to wait until the banks are open to verify the result.

best of luck with the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I got one done this morning through Motorcheck ...instant results and some very interesting findings which saved me a few €000 for the sake of €35. Well worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

what kind of things have ye found on the reports that have saved ye money, outside of finance?

• Advertisement

stuff like this:
    Write-Off Data & Condition Alert

Write Off (Cat. A/B) in Ireland: No
    Write Off (Cat. A/B/C/D) in UK: No
    Condition Alert: Yes
    Condition Alert Description: The vehicle may have been damaged, flooded, stolen, used as a garda vehicle, or the subject of an insurance write-off
    We have a condition alert recorded against this vehicle. This means that Motorcheck has discovered some additional information regarding the condition of the vehicle.

A condition alert means that the vehicle may have been previously damaged in an accident, flood damaged, stolen, used as a garda vehicle, or the subject of an insurance write-off.

We strongly recommend a Motorcheck Pre-Purchase Inspection before proceeding with any purchase.

Nforce wrote: »
    stuff like this:

is that one you received? if so, what was your next step?

is that one you received? if so, what was your next step?

That was mine this morning. I text the seller back to confirm that there wasn't any undesirable history....and he hasn't bothered replying!:P;)

aha! and if they had said no theres nothing wrong with it youd obviously not take their word, what would you do then?

im hoping to buy a car,again, ill be viewing on tuesday, im getting a main dealer to run a diagnostic check and have a general look over but i dont know whether to run a motorcheck. i suppose if the garage says all is ok i will as a last precaution.

aha! and if they had said no theres nothing wrong with it youd obviously not take their word, what would you do then?

im hoping to buy a car,again, ill be viewing on tuesday, im getting a main dealer to run a diagnostic check and have a general look over but i dont know whether to run a motorcheck. i suppose if the garage says all is ok i will as a last precaution.

If the seller was honest and told me the car was damaged and properly repaired,then I'd have gone to take a look and might have purchased. Honesty pays.
    Naturally,I'd have given it a thorough checkover too. For the sake of €35 it's well worth the outlay on what could prove to be an expensive mistake. :)

Edit: A diagnostics check is a good idea. A mate of mine bought a E60 530d privately back a few years ago (price was fantastic and full history check turned out all clear). Unfortunately he bought and paid for the car before he told me about the deal. He brought it to me a few weeks after buying it to clear an airbag warning light and the diagnostics showed a mismatch between the ECU and the car's chassis number and mileage. Further investigation revealed the car was cloned. Result? The Gardai confiscated the car and my mate was/is down over €20k!

• Advertisement

Nforce wrote: »
    If the seller was honest and told me the car was damaged and properly repaired,then I'd have gone to take a look and might have purchased. Honesty pays.
    Naturally,I'd have given it a thorough checkover too. For the sake of €35 it's well worth the outlay on what could prove to be an expensive mistake. :)

true that, thanks man

Advertisement