Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10/22 or 597

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

whiteley91 wrote: »
    awh right thanks for that! hope it wont take too long anyway i want to get out and about! anyone know where to get a bolt release, mag release and bolt handle for the ruger? anyone in ireland do them and how much if you know off hand!

I wouldn't bother with any of them.
    You very rarely use the bolt release and the factory one is fine for all the times you lock the bolt.

Extended mag releases other than the Ruger T one can cause the mag to be released by accident when you're climbing fences and the like- leaving you looking for you mag.

If you want to make an upgrade save up for a Trgger upgrade, a lot of the other things are gimmicks- and the likes of the Volquartsen TG2000 has an extended mag release incorporated.

I have the Ruger 10/22T which has extended mag release, I would rather the original flush one like on my 77/22 and my mates 10/22.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

thanks for that! will certainly do that. Would 800 seem right for a new 10/22 tactical? target barrel and bipod not sure if scope comes with it tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

whiteley91 wrote: »
    thanks for that! will certainly do that. Would 800 seem right for a new 10/22 tactical? target barrel and bipod not sure if scope comes with it tho?

No that's to much. €650 is more than enough to pay and I could get one for €615 and that's the 10/22 tactical one with mount and bi-pod. They were due in stock in the Carlow dealers

jasus thats a big difference alright! Thats the price i got told for a new tactical? and close to 900 for stainless barrel model?

oh wait now i think i might have an idea why its more expensive! its a laminate stock with thumb hole! adds abit of money to the equation

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

I had a 597 myself. was my 1st rifle was a good accurate rifle but the feeding problems were there too and i believed it to be the weak spring in the magazine.I also found there was alittle bite in the trigger but maybe its in all remingtons. cleaning was hard alright i found the remington round left alot of brass specs in the breech and around the firing mechanism that annoyed me personally. i shot a few crows out to 80 yrds roughly with it and i was hitting a 1"1/2 group at a 100yrds when i was zeroing it.

• Advertisement

Yea i have been reading online about the 597 and that they have very bad feeding problems which was caused by there magazines being plastic but there standard model is 'supposed' to be more accurate out of the box compared with the 10/22.:confused:
    i think it just comes down to the fact that the 597 is a good gun for someone who likes to have a rifle and not modify it at all and keep it original and the ruger is for someone who likes to tinker around and see how things work and swap out parts? :) seems more of a DIY gun in some aspects. although some things should only be done by a gun-smith! :D

Advertisement