Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels with decent residents bar??

Options
  • 28-04-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Organising stag in Galway around September for about 25 lads.Is there any decent,cheap,central hotels that will have a proper residents bar open if we want a few more pints at 3am on a Friday and Saturday night?Looked at Forster Court,its €310 for 2 nights..:eek:.A few others are in or around €300.Surely theres other hotels with residents bar at around half this price??Or has the recession not hit the West yet??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

garveys hotel, 49 euro per room not per person, and proper residents bar, not a close at 3 residents bar, and its right on eyre square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I used to be night porter in Garveys!

You use the full bar so there is no shifting ye off to some little room as some places do.

Well when I say the full bar, you'll be put to a side so the porter can clean and prep the rest.
    I'll never know how they put the stairs in the kitchen behind the sinks, there is going to be a serious accident there some day. Terrible design! Whoh going offtopic

Good choice for a stag
    I don't like the rooms in the place and it's not exactly a modern hotel and there are far better hotels in Galway.

But it's a stag so that's not such an issue and it's cheap and ye have the bar

Give the night porter a tip, it's a tough job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thanks folks.Unfortunately,the dates I tried in September are all booked out online,but I'll try ring them later.It seemed perfect-price,location,residents bar!
    Any other options for me to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

there is a big international triathalon on in september so if your dates clash, rooms in all hotels will be scarce

Yeh,that Ironman event on Sept 4th,Oyster festival on Sept 21st-25th.I'm looking at 9-11 Sept or 16-18 Sept but that Garveys place booked out on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

The imperial in Eyre square have a good residents bar!

Imperial is €258 for 2 nights in September!!Is it just me,or is that too much for a bog average hotel in Galway?Dublin is way cheaper than that but not going there.Might just have to go without the residents bar and stay somewere cheaper.I was thinking (max) €200 for 2 nights would cover it...obviously way off the mark there!

Advertisement