Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report Paddy Powers

• 28-04-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

i closed my pp account and told them never contact me again 2 weeks later they send me a email offering me a free €5 bet who can i report them to contacting me after i told them never contact me again and i closed my account. i asked them for a written apology and was told i would get it in the post 4 days later i was told i would have to request the apology in writing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Joe Duffy :D I remember a similar situation a while back where some fella who had a gambling problem was sent ~€150 free bet or something along those lines. He went on to win a few thousand betting on the winnings of the €150 free bet he started with. They told him he couldn't bet with them anymore so he rang joe and complained. He said it's silly that they were happy taking all of his money but then when he was winning they wouldn't take his bets.

Tbh though I don't know where you should go, but joe is an option!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Conchurl wrote: »
    i closed my pp account and told them never contact me again 2 weeks later they send me a email offering me a free €5 bet who can i report them to contacting me after i told them never contact me again and i closed my account. i asked them for a written apology and was told i would get it in the post 4 days later i was told i would have to request the apology in writing

did you tell them in writing?

Also, there's really no-one you can report them to as they didn't do anything illegal - just something that annoyed you.

In some companies it can take a couple of week to remove details from all mailing lists - depends on how often they update them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Depending on which email you use go into settings and you should be able to add the domain @paddypower.com to your ban list. This will stop any emails from them coming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Doesn't data protection law give companies 1 month to comply with your requests to change your records? Getting an email after a mere 2 weeks wouldn't be considered a breach of any regulation, imo. It would be a different story if they persisted to contact you after 1 month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

jive wrote: »
    Joe Duffy :D I remember a similar situation a while back where some fella who had a gambling problem was sent ~€150 free bet or something along those lines. He went on to win a few thousand betting on the winnings of the €150 free bet he started with. They told him he couldn't bet with them anymore so he rang joe and complained. He said it's silly that they were happy taking all of his money but then when he was winning they wouldn't take his bets.

Tbh though I don't know where you should go, but joe is an option!!

That is PP alright. as soon as you win they don't want to know you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Trampas wrote: »
    That is PP alright. as soon as you win they don't want to know you.
    Tell me what bookmaker does? It's hardly rocket since is it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Any bookies will close profitably accounts.

Advertisement