Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walking boots

• 29-04-2011 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I need to buy a pair of walking boots for a holiday i am going on. Where would i be able to buy a relatively cheap pair in limerick?

thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Try Emerald Alpine?

If you're going on a specific walking holiday try not to go too cheap, the few quid extra you spend will stand to you in terms of comfort while walking, and how sore your feet, legs and back are in the evening/the next day.

(Captain Vimes' "boots" theory of socioeconomic unfairness springs to mind :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Good advice! Thanks alot. Will check there :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

radar sports on foxes bow keep aa good range good prices too

Oh yeah... Make sure and get good socks too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I just bought a water backpack. A 1.5ltr one. They are so handy!!

Highly suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi all
    I need to buy a pair of walking boots for a holiday i am going on. Where would i be able to buy a relatively cheap pair in limerick?

thanks

I picked up a decent pair for 30 quid there a few months back as I was heading to a snowy part of the U.S
    Berty wrote: »

Highly suggested.

There's one in Tesco for about 15 euro,good value.

Highly suggested.

I definitely agree, I had one of those... gave it to a friend when she was off to climb Kilimanjaro and never saw it again. Cheers for reminder Berty, I'm gonna get it back this weekend :D

I definitely agree, I had one of those... gave it to a friend when she was off to climb Kilimanjaro and never saw it again. Cheers for reminder Berty, I'm gonna get it back this weekend :D

Did your friend come back or are you just concerned about the aquapack?

Did your friend come back or are you just concerned about the aquapack?

Haha :D She never even went actually, I can't remember now what happened, but the bottom line is the thievin' thief still has me water pack :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Have a look .......

could get a good boot at a reasonable price/

• Advertisement

Thank you so much to everyone for their replies. I bought a pair in Limerick in Radar the camping/hiking store. Paid 69.95 for them and there are great fit and very comfortable. Staff were great and helped me pick a good pair. Will take all yer tips and break them in well before I head on my walking holiday in the summer. Am saying for years that I'd like climb Croagh Patrick so now that I have my boots I'm gona do it

Thanks again everyone for the advice
    Much appreciated! :p

I never did like Croagh Patrick. Was only at the base of it today actually. Its very steep, too steep really.

A quick trip up and down Galtymore and Beag would be good I'd say and nearer as well.

Mount Brandon is good as well not as touristy as is Croagh Patrick or Carrauntohill either.

Thanks Berty. I heard croagh patrick very steep alright. Will definitely give the others a go.

Thanks for the suggestions

Ah The Reek isn't that bad, you should be well able for it if you give yourself plenty of time. I've done it about 6 times and you don't need to be mad fit (Lord knows I'm not anymore :p), I've even met pensioners climbing it!

Maybe just don't go on July 31st is all, unless you really want to see the spectacle that is Reek Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yogalady wrote: »
    Thank you so much to everyone for their replies. I bought a pair in Limerick in Radar the camping/hiking store. Paid 69.95 for them and there are great fit and very comfortable. Staff were great and helped me pick a good pair. Will take all yer tips and break them in well before I head on my walking holiday in the summer. Am saying for years that I'd like climb Croagh Patrick so now that I have my boots I'm gona do it

Thanks again everyone for the advice
    Much appreciated! :p

Where are you going on the walking holiday yogalady? Sounds like a nice idea.

hey there
    Walking holiday is in Slovenia. Always wanted to go there. Will have to do some training before I go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Rapidmike

Try
    michael gleeson shoes on William st
    I hear he's very nice!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Yogalady yogalady yogalady tut tut... yer supposed to do patrick with yer boots off...............................................:D
    I hate smilies

Planned to do it with boots on first, then maybe barefoot. Mite go all the way and do it naked! :eek:

Right. You inspired me. I'm off to climb Mount Brandon on Sat/Sun. Just put up a request thingy on Facebook.

May wear clothes instead though. :D

• Advertisement

You need facebook's permission to climb Mount Brandon? :confused:

Advertisement