Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swimming pools around the ncd area?

Options
  • 29-04-2011 2:59am

Hey guys, I live in Balbriggan and would like to take up swimming one evening a week. I can't seem to find any public pools, or even gyms with public sessions, around the area. I want to go to adult only sessions obviously. I'm not a good swimmer, in fact pretty awful, and I don't need a kid jumping onto my head while I struggle to leave the shallow end!

Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

I go to Aura Leisure Centre which is a quick spin up the motorway in Drogheda.

http://www.auraleisure.ie/drogheda

You don't have to be a member and a pay as you go swim is reasonable at €6 for an adult and child under 3. I'm not sure what it is for an adult alone - I usually have my kids with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Portmarnock has a pool, or trinity sports in donaghmede .Allsa ,spelt wrong, at the airport.HTH,Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I believe there is swimming lessons run from Gormanston college. You could contact them for details/information.

http://www.gormanstoncollege.ie/contact.html

Please post back any information if you do as it might be of interest to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Gap gormantown and drogheda are open to the public.
    NAQ is Blanch is really good too.

There should be a swimming pool opening in Balrothery at some point but I think it's been on hold now... Would go in with with the cricket club.

Thanks guys! Plenty to consider here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Does anyone here remember the swimming pool in Rush ? Thats where I learnt to swim. I would never let go of the bar along the side. Dad would coax me to him and then he would throw me into the centre of the pool :eek:. Having no option I would doggy paddle back to the side.. gripping the bar for dear life. 5 or 10 min later (once I had calmed down) he would do the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Does anyone here remember the swimming pool in Rush ? Thats where I learnt to swim. I would never let go of the bar along the side. Dad would coax me to him and then he would throw me into the centre of the pool :eek:. Having no option I would doggy paddle back to the side.. gripping the bar for dear life. 5 or 10 min later (once I had calmed down) he would do the same again.

The Argyle Lodge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

The closest one is in a hotel in Bettystown- name eludes me atm!

Advertisement