Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac in Galway - Hand Laid or Machine Laid

• 29-04-2011 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all
    I have got two quotes for tarmac - wildly different in price and of course I'm not comparing like with like because one will be laid by hand and one by machine.
    Neither hubby or I know which is better and have got different advice from people.
    So my questions are:

1. Which is better - by hand or machine

2. Can anyone tell me (in Galway area) who they used for tarmac and how it is wearing with passing of time.

It's a huge investment and hard to spend such an amount of money while being as ignorant as we are! We have 520 sqm so it's a big area but one quote was 6400 (not sure if that was ex. or incl. VAT) and second one 8900 + VAT.....!

Help!
    Libby

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Hand laid tarmac will look rubbish... No matter what or who you get, insist it's machine laid... I've seen hand leveled jobs and they are embarrising to look at never mind pay for and live with..

Advertisement