Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non AIB customer lodging to AIB account

Options
  • 29-04-2011 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I need to lodge money to an AIB account, in branch so it goes straight in, can't wait for online transfer time.

Can I walk in an fill in a lodgment docket and hand it over the counter, or do I need some form of electronic lodgment docket that I've been told about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

alexlyons wrote: »
    I need to lodge money to an AIB account, in branch so it goes straight in, can't wait for online transfer time.

Can I walk in an fill in a lodgment docket and hand it over the counter, or do I need some form of electronic lodgment docket that I've been told about?

You can just go in and fill out a lodgment slip they have on the counters, all you need are the Name, Address of bank, account holder name and of course the Sort Code and Account Number - then just hand it in at the counter or drop it into a "Quick Lodge" envelope and put it in the box - they usually empty these and lodge the money within an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

what about putting the money straight on to an aib mastercard? I have all the details of the card etc, can it be done the same way as a lodgment/ thats where the money is going to end up anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

ukoda wrote: »
    You can just go in and fill out a lodgment slip they have on the counters, all you need are the Name, Address of bank, account holder name and of course the Sort Code and Account Number - then just hand it in at the counter or drop it into a "Quick Lodge" envelope and put it in the box - they usually empty these and lodge the money within an hour.

That would depend on the branch I think. I know my bank only empty express twice a day - once in the morning and once in the afternoon - sometimes after closing.

got it done. just filled in the form and it was in straight away. thanks folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

alexlyons wrote: »
    got it done. just filled in the form and it was in straight away. thanks folks

Express lodge or at the counter?

• Advertisement

counter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

SteoL wrote: »
    That would depend on the branch I think. I know my bank only empty express twice a day - once in the morning and once in the afternoon - sometimes after closing.

Yes, i'm sure your correct, i only have experience of 4 or 5 banks and they all did it hourly - these were all city banks with large numbers of people using them though, so I'm sure quieter banks may only do it once or twice a day.

Advertisement