Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fileserve on Firefox 4.0.1

• 29-04-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

My browser is being haunted by Fileserve. It seems to be over-riding Google search when I use the address bar as a search tool.

I've gone to the configuration settings (about:config) and changed 'Keyword.ULR' value from from the fileserve string to www.google.com but it hasn't stopped fileserve Yahoo powered search results coming up every time.

The fileserve yahoo search even over-rides the google search bar to the right of the address bar.

HELP!

What can I do? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 obrien.cathal

Hi,
    Stealing your searches and redirecting you to another provider can be symptomatic of a malware infection. Have you run a virus scan recently? If not I would recommend it as a first step. Spybot is also commonly used to remove malware of this type. Once you have established a clean base you should be able to get your browser to redirect to your chosen search page without too much hassle.
    Cathal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I just downloaded it to see.. God it was annoying... :(:mad::mad:

Removed it by doing this -

Go start and type in run box, %appdata%

Press Enter

Scroll to \Mozilla
    Then \Firefox
    Then \Profiles
    Then \YourProfileName

Delete user.js

Also go to (In the Toolbar at top of Firefox)

Tools/Add-ons/Extensions find the toolbar and choose Remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Only1Rovers

Thanks a mill, it's gone.... thanks be to the Lord on High, I was close to packing in Firefox and reverting back to Chrome which I'm not far off doing anyway.

Thanks so much for your help....

O1R

Advertisement