Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT results appear to have been released

• 29-04-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

The results appear to have been released to the CAO. Check your application on CAO.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Thanks but I Cant find it , where exactly are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Ahhhhhhhh mine must not be there, maybe because Im a mature applicant????

Wait a minute... Where are they gone?!? :O

Please be a glitch, please be a glitch, please be a glitch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Checking my application again and it appears to have disappeared entirely...

I honestly have no idea what to think. I'd like to think it's a glitch but it didn't look like a glitch. It looks as if someone in the CAO office mistakenly released the results they received from ACER early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Damn! Why didn't I come online and doss from study earlier?! :mad: How'd you know it was HPAT results?

jumpguy wrote: »
    Damn! Why didn't I come online and doss from study earlier?! :mad: How'd you know it was HPAT results?
    It said specifically that they were HPAT results. Above the results it said that these were the results the CAO office received from ACER and under it it listed the scores from section 1, 2 and 3 and the total score. No mention of percentile though.

I wonder what ACER will do in response to this?

It said specifically that they were HPAT results. Above the results it said that these were the results the CAO office received from ACER and under it it listed the scores from section 1, 2 and 3 and the total score. No mention of percentile though.

I wonder what ACER will do in response to this?
    Not much they can do, except maybe give the CAO the results later than usual from now on. The HPAT results are usually released on the HPAT site AFAIK, the percentile thing is probably calculated by ACER. CAO would only deal with the points. I'd say somebody in the CAO office is getting their ass handed to them today. :P

Or they could do the sensible thing and officially release the results early. I never understood the reason for delaying the release of results until late June.

I'm hoping it was all one big error though and that the results posted are incorrect... Mine weren't as good as what I was hoping for.

Or they could do the sensible thing and officially release the results early. I never understood the reason for delaying the release of results until late June.

I'm hoping it was all one big error though and that the results posted are incorrect... Mine weren't as good as what I was hoping for.
    The reason for delaying the results I guess would not to be to discourage students before their exams if they did badly (or make them too big-headed if they did well). A fair enough reason IMO, and from talking to people who did UCAS and stuff, they seem to prefer it this way. Although now, I'd say if they've accidentally released the results, depending on how many candidates have seen the results, perhaps an optional method (i.e. you can see them if you want to before the release date) of seeing the results would be fairest.

I wouldn't worry about your result (IF that is your result - you should call the CAO), you really won't know until you get the percentage rank. If you got, say, 160, that could've been a particularly high result for this year.

• Advertisement

I tried calling the CAO office, but I'm getting no answer! :-(

Edit: ^^^ This is no longer true :-P Like somebody in the other HPAT thread posted, they're saying that was a 'test run' of last year's results. "That's as far as I know", she emphasised...
    But I'm not happy with the result that, apparently, is really somebody else's from last year... *depressed*

A test run of last year's results?

Why would they need to do a test run? They didn't do one last year (To my knowledge anyway).

Exactly! You'd expect they'd organise a genuine test run better too - by giving a warning that it would be taking place or whatever. Bad form, CAO. Bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Nah has to be BS. No way they'd do a test run without saying anything before hand.

How long were the results up for?

Jaafa wrote: »
    Nah has to be BS. No way they'd do a test run without saying anything before hand.

How long were the results up for?
    This morning at the very least...

Taken down about an hour or two after the post here on boards.

What i'd say happened is that ACER sent the results today to the CAO office who began entering the results in to their systems without realising that they left a "Display HPAT results" flag (Or similar control system) on from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

were they still good enough to have a chance at medicine??

damn i wished i logged on to my cao.

Yeah but I will definitely need to clear 550 to be in with a chance. Providing these aren't "test results" of course.

Yeah but I will definitely need to clear 550 to be in with a chance. Providing these aren't "test results" of course.

going by your mock results you'll be in with a chance haha

i wonder have they done these "test results" any of the other years??

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    going by your mock results you'll be in with a chance haha

i wonder have they done these "test results" any of the other years??
    The only problem is that after 550 every 5 points is only worth 1 for Medicine =/

The CAO have replied.

I can't copy and paste the email as I haven't asked them for permission to reproduce the email in public but the gist of it is that the results posted today were simply a test file and that the real results will be posted by ACER in June.

• Advertisement

The CAO have replied.

I can't copy and paste the email as I haven't asked them for permission to reproduce the email in public but the gist of it is that the results posted today were simply a test file and that the real results will be posted by ACER in June.

hmm.... im not buying it at all

The question then is: did they mean to publish the test results or not? If they did mean to, then I'd be complaining as to what an absolutely idiotic decision that was. Publishing untrue test results and sending students into undue panic or undue jubilation is just unbelievably stupid. No other word for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

And if they did mean to publish them I'd seriously doubt they were last years results. That would involve having to assign each of this years Med applicants a result that corresponds with last years applicants. Thats not something that just happens unnoticed and then gets published.

jumpguy wrote: »
    The question then is: did they mean to publish the test results or not? If they did mean to, then I'd be complaining as to what an absolutely idiotic decision that was. Publishing untrue test results and sending students into undue panic or undue jubilation is just unbelievably stupid. No other word for it.
    It sounds TOO stupid actually.

If this was really a test then why was there was no such test last year? A site as big as the CAO site would more than likely have a sandbox testing environment where they'd be able to test anything they'd like without affecting the actual site. Not only that but if this genuinely was a test run then surely they'd have forewarned people of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

ye I don't buy the test-run thing at all, sounds like a lame excuse. Still no guarantee its your true result though as they could've made some other mistake. Actually glad I didn't see mine now, I'd hate not knowing if it was right or not.

It's kinda disappointing the CAO think we're that stupid. They should release a statement and be 100% honest, if it was a mistake or not, and if they were the real results or not.

They definitely have them corrected , as colleges have had access to them re mature students

Whats the general consensus regarding wanting to know? Im in a different boat to most people because I probably wont be going to college this year so I really want to know so I can prepare for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

I want to know. Its really not fair on those who have found out (and did badly), there at a disadvantage now. I wonder how many people seen them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I want to know, but I appreciate the thinking behind not releasing the results until after June. My motivation to study is wavering enough as it is. I dont need a potentially bad HPAT result completely destroying my Leaving Cert :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    I want to know, but I appreciate the thinking behind not releasing the results until after June. My motivation to study is wavering enough as it is. I dont need a potentially bad HPAT result completely destroying my Leaving Cert :rolleyes:

haha, in my case a medicine-worthy hpat would give me the motivation to step up with my study

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement