Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walking?

• 29-04-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

I going to need money for college next year (I have to pay my registration fee's, parents will pay for everything else, I think they're doing it out of principle). Do any of you get your dogs walked for you? My uncle in Dublin pays someone €20 everyday for someone to walk his dog. It's a bit mental isn't it? Would it be worthwhile trying to walk dogs or would people just not want to pay?

Advice apprieciated (especially if you have walked dogs in the past!)

Also, would most people expect me to walk their dog by itself, or would they prefer if I took them in a group (I'm well able to manage around 5 dogs or so).

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't know if there'd be much take up for dog walking around to be honest, imvho, you'd have to be either extremely busy or extremely lazy to get someone to walk your dog for you. If I was a young lad again (I'M NOT OLD), I'd be going around offering to mow people's lawns for them, just walk around estates with a lawnmower knocking on doors, you'd be amazed how many people will give money to have that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't know if there'd be much take up for dog walking around to be honest, imvho, you'd have to be either extremely busy or extremely lazy to get someone to walk your dog for you. If I was a young lad again (I'M NOT OLD), I'd be going around offering to mow people's lawns for them, just walk around estates with a lawnmower knocking on doors, you'd be amazed how many people will give money to have that done.

I get hayfever really bad, not the job for me :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Dog walking wouldn't be too good for you either then :)

I don't know how much you need, or what kind of skills you have, but another option would be to go around offering to pain people's sheds, you can get a sprayer and "oil" cheaply enough and it's a job most people don't like doing, wouldn't take more than 30 minutes per shed I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I going to need money for college next year (I have to pay my registration fee's, parents will pay for everything else, I think they're doing it out of principle). Do any of you get your dogs walked for you? My uncle in Dublin pays someone €20 everyday for someone to walk his dog. It's a bit mental isn't it? Would it be worthwhile trying to walk dogs or would people just not want to pay?

Advice apprieciated (especially if you have walked dogs in the past!)

Also, would most people expect me to walk their dog by itself, or would they prefer if I took them in a group (I'm well able to manage around 5 dogs or so).

Well done on your enthusiasm. I saw an advert this week for somebody doing this already. You would probably need to walk them individually or WW 3 could break out.
    I'd follow the advice of the previous posters the lawn mowing would be a big winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Clareman wrote: »
    Dog walking wouldn't be too good for you either then :)

I don't know how much you need, or what kind of skills you have, but another option would be to go around offering to pain people's sheds, you can get a sprayer and "oil" cheaply enough and it's a job most people don't like doing, wouldn't take more than 30 minutes per shed I'd imagine.

Not sure how one would "pain" a shed :D
    But my shed does need painting

• Advertisement
Advertisement