Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordering from HWVS in a bit - anyone need anything?

Options
  • 29-04-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

as the title says, im putting through an order later today.
    ive probably left it a bit late, but if anyone needs anything ill add your stuff to my basket. you dont have to cover the €30 shipping fee, but you do have to cover any local delivery charges if you cant collect in the Limerick Area.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

No, but thanks for the offer. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

no prob. helping people save a bit of money is nice sometimes :)

my big expensive rig idea isnt going ahead, but im getting a monitor and soundsystem and a fan anyway.

i was originally going to sell on most of my core (mobo,ram,CPU,HS,GPU) rig to a guy from work, for nearly €200 discount over what he was buying on HWVS (exact same components or better than he was going to get)
    and then upgrade my core stuff, but he messed me around so many times i eventually had enough of waiting, and he's ordering the stuff himself now. its annoying cause it was convenient for both of us. i was building his PC anyway (for free :O) and giving him all my spare peripherals and a free student licence of W7 from me (not to mention tech support for life probably), and then he ****s me around. he's gonna have fun now building his own rig (not that difficult admittedly - but he's got no one to turn to if he messes it up), and if he still thinks im gonna give him loads of stuff for free he can shove something, somewhere

god and you try to do people favours and this is how you get repaid.

he originally wanted to get a stand alone PC from curries or somewhere, phenom X6, **** mobo, no GPU, etc etc and a monitor separately for nearly €800 total and i convinced him otherwise. should just leave people to do their own thing sometimes.

aarg.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Your mistake was probably going into detail about it. Just tell them what they are getting is great and that's all they need to know. Well so long as it's not at a conning level and it's better than what they'll get from the shops.

Next time you give him tech support, swipe his graphics card!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Monotype wrote: »
    Your mistake was probably going into detail about it. Just tell them what they are getting is great and that's all they need to know. Well so long as it's not at a conning level and it's better than what they'll get from the shops.

Next time you give him tech support, swipe his graphics card!

+1 you should have left him with some ball of overpriced muck

Advertisement