Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fuel consumption

• 29-04-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi all, was just wondering what kinda fuel your averaging. My f650gs single cyl takes about 12 litres to fill and I get between 145 to 160 miles. I thought this was good but I wonder is a twin cyl better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

my sv650 done about 200kms for on a tank of 20 quid .... by 600rr does about the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Current usage as per fill this morning for the sv1000 is 240 km per 12.91 litres or ~5.4l/100k

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hi all, was just wondering what kinda fuel your averaging. My f650gs single cyl takes about 12 litres to fill and I get between 145 to 160 miles. I thought this was good but I wonder is a twin cyl better?

57mpg. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Get about 180km out of my Sv650S (€20 tank) all city driving though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭phoenix0250

I get 400-450 km for €15 on my yzf r125...winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Harley 1450 - 46mpg. On a gentle spin of a Sunday.........over 50 sometimes.
    Aprilia Atlantic 500 - 43mpg. Maybe.........
    Suzuki RGV250K - 25mpg.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

my yzf r125...winning

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

40ty to the gallon here depending on petrol station :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

My SO used to ride and F650ST and used to regularly get 55-60mpg from it, and once, once, 69mpg.

I think the F is one of the lightest bikes on juice in the market.

I had an F800R for a weekend lately, and it returned 73mpg.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The XTZ660 has returned very good figures in a recent test in Morocco,
    Worst of 52 MPG and best of 86mpg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

With mixed riding I get an average of:

TDM 900 - 68 mpg
    CBR600fs - 48 mpg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Ninja 250 usually gets around 60mpg, thats without any effort made to ride economically, so I could probably squeeze a bit more from it

The MT-01 is a thirsty beast. Fuel light came on yesterday after only 140km. The best I've gotten is around 180km. Theres usually around three or four liters left when the light comes on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

i would have thought mpg figures from bikes would be far higher considering they are small engines and quite light (compared to cars).
    (sorry i know very little about bikes)

i would have thought mpg figures from bikes would be far higher considering they are small engines and quite light (compared to cars).

My bike has a 1.7 ltr engine. It's bigger than my car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

You are not really comparing like with like- most bikes power to weight ratio and performance would put them in skyline, 911, ferrari territory. So in that respect, 55+ mpg is admirable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

Thanks for the response lads, I've been told by a few more knowledgeable than I that my f650gs is great on fuel but I can only compare it to my tdr 125 which was pretty good. I'm itching for a new bike so I guess I'm just looking for excuses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You could always go for an Innova 125i if you want good fuel consumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Most bike manufacturers have never really been concerned about mpg figures, expect maybe for small cc machines.

Might be changing though. Bmw's new G650 GS has reportedly been returning 80+ mpg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Got 51mpg from my new Busa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

cantdecide wrote: »

Why havnt we seen pics of this busa???

Why havnt we seen pics of this busa???

You mean this busa1.jpg Busa?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Brings back memories, I had an XL1000 with a one gallon tank, I knew I had 25 miles on reserve and it was a very heavy bitch to push.

25 years ago I met a girl who lived 30 miles from me, we met on a Friday evening at my local pub, I can count the days we've been apart since...:p, anyway, at the time mpg meant nothing to me as I could get 60 out of it if I was civilized or I could let major air into the Mikuni's and get a return of about 20mpg.

Moral of the story, a rainy nights sleep a few miles from home or push the beast for a few miles thought me to respect the throttle and think ahead...;):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I get 200km per 12 litres. But I drive with a heavy right hand. Changed my driving style once and got 260km per 12 litres. Too boring to me though.

Twin Cylinder 650.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭rameire

i get about 340km to a 19 litre tank.
    Deauville 670cc

50.25 MPG
    17.78 Km per litre
    5.62429 litre per 100Km
    Averaging 13.73 cent per mile
    So 21875 miles ( 35000km travel i do a year) would cost €3003.44

how to calc

I like to go between 100kmh and 140kmh for a full hour each way a day, if i took it easier I could get better milage, but no.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

about 45 mpg on a 01 bandit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

~115 miles to a 16 litre tank on the SV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Miscreant

37mpg average over 3 and a half years out of my ST1100 Pan European. Mixed driving (M50 and City suburbs), 5 days a week, few trips to Galway in that time too which gave me over 50mpg. Usually get about 37 - 38 on the work runs.
    I keep tabs on how much petrol I put into it and go from empty to full at each fill. Wife thinks I am mad but I do the same for the cage too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

cantdecide wrote: »

no offence but no way are ya getting that mpg from a busa and me r6 is gettin 40 mpg doing communting 43 on the main roads :) fook that and tdm doing deisel car milage its hard to belive till i own one ha :D

• Advertisement

...no offence...

None taken. I always check mpg in all my vehicles as a means of verifying it's running as it should. Using the same formula, my Passat TDI got 46 mpg (50+ me hole), my Legacy B4 got 23mpg, my A6 quattro got 26mpg.

OK. Maybe I exaggerated a little - 50.7mpg! Maybe taking it handy helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement