Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl's wets suits

Options
  • 29-04-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Lidl's are selling wet suits from Tuesday next, ideal for this time of the year :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

yomchi wrote: »
    Hi folks

Lidl's are selling wet suits from Tuesday next, ideal for this time of the year :)

Looking for this info as well, but how come not selling full size suit for ladies? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

They tend not to fit well as they do not have the same amount of sizes a proper wetsuit brand offers, and the material is not as stretchy / comfy.
    They only offer 3 mens sizes, proper surf brands go to the trouble + expense of offering about 10 different mens sizes - there is a reason for that, as fit is important. Buy cheap, buy twice I found out.
    Also they had problems with the zips on some of their suits last year, maybe thats why they are not doing ladies full wetsuits this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

I got the full length and had it out on Thursday under the cag, super fit and comfortable as well. The booties are ideal for the playboat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Bought the Mens Large and gotta go back with it as its a bit small..
    Boots were small as well...

In fairness each branch I checked for XL has offered me money back straight away as they are all out of XL..:(

Was hoping I might find one branch with that size left but I think i'll be getting a refund...

Anyone any ideas for a similar priced wetsuit to suit a beginner surfer...??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

coup1917 wrote: »
    Bought the Mens Large and gotta go back with it as its a bit small..
    Boots were small as well...

In fairness each branch I checked for XL has offered me money back straight away as they are all out of XL..:(

Was hoping I might find one branch with that size left but I think i'll be getting a refund...

Anyone any ideas for a similar priced wetsuit to suit a beginner surfer...??

Get into the one on Parnell St/ Moore st - all they have left is XL. I'm 6.2 90kg's and it fits snug. Wore the shorty one yesterday with the kag, snug as fcuk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

yomchi wrote: »
    Get into the one on Parnell St/ Moore st - all they have left is XL. I'm 6.2 90kg's and it fits snug. Wore the shorty one yesterday with the kag, snug as fcuk!

Thanks a mil, but I'm in the west, so probly won't be up there anytime soon... Gonna give a couple of rings around for one last try here..

A bit late, but used the Lidl wesuit for the first time today and it was grand, did the job and kept me dry. The booty things I got as well were great and kept the feet dry. All not bad for the price, if they're back on sale again this year they're both worth considering

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

flutegirl wrote: »
    used the Lidl wesuit for the first time today and it was grand, did the job and kept me dry.

Your doing something wrong there! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

flutegirl wrote: »
    A bit late, but used the Lidl wesuit for the first time today and it was grand, did the job and kept me dry.

I'd bring that one back, it must be faulty-they're not designed to keep you dry :rolleyes:

rothai wrote: »
    I'd bring that one back, it must be faulty-they're not designed to keep you dry :rolleyes:
    KenHy wrote: »
    Your doing something wrong there! :p

OK, so I'm new to the whole watersport type thing. Always thought wetsuits were supposed to keeep you warm and dry, regardless of the name. After a bit of reasech I see my error. Whatever it's supposed to do I'm happy enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wintergrommet

ah best of to buy a decent suit you wouldnt be spending a whole lot more! any of the entry level suits from the big wetsuit brands are actually queit decent!

Advertisement