Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smalls treats for clicker training...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

think nothing can beat a hot dog cut into tiny bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nudag

That sounds like a cheap enough option.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

my dog loves coachies... think thats there name.... there tiny and you get hundreds in a box... perfect for training!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Or little bits of cheese or cooked liver, anything that the dog really wants works best, my lot aren't that fussed with biscuit type treats, they like things they can really smell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

I'm all for hot dogs for training too! About €1.50 for a pack of ten and you can get heaps of strong-scented, tasty, quick-to-eat treats ideal for clicker training out of them. I'm so mean, I cut them length-ways, then into little tiny-winy bits 3/4mm wide - that way, I can treat very often through out a session and it won't interfere with their normal feeding too much :)
    Wooooh for hot-dogs - from an unbiased vegetarian lol

Thought I'd treat my lot to a box of coachies once, the dogs wouldn't work for them :/ the cat really liked them though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bookworm85

Hi nudag,

I'm clicker training at the moment too and I'm using the Bozita Sensible treats

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_treats_chews/dog_reward_treats/bozita/129089

I'm fostering a greyhound at the moment and he has a really sensitive tummy, but these treats don't seem to be causing him any trouble. I also mix a few in with some chicken and rice to fill his kong, as an extra treat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Either chopped up bits of sausage, cheese or chicken. He'l eat the dry dog treats alright but it's not a real reward for him whereas sausage is a really special treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Bakers Rewards. They are in the form of soft sticks so easy to keep in the pocket & break off a piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I use Whiskas Temptations http://www.whiskas.co.uk/our-products-snacks-and-treats-whiskas-temptations They're a perfect size and mine never get them at any other time but when we're training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We use a mix of hotdogs and roundy chicken slices from Aldi chopped into small pieces and some of his kibble mixed in - the kibble will absorb the scent of the meat ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement