Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spawn killing V Camping

Options
  • 29-04-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

Playing Call of duty 4 a bit online again and I seem to be getting kicked off servers a bit too often for spawn killing or camping. Generally I move towards where I think the opposition are but stopping/slowing when I have cover or a vantage point. If I reach the enemy spawn I will generally continue through it but some vantage points are hard to disengage from and in that case I keep killing them until they kill me. Obviously there are no 'rules' for this but I was wondering what people thought. To me camping is going back to the exact same spot time after time or going somewhere intending to stay there until you die. I don't do that. Strangely (or not) people seem to have little problems with my tactics when they are not working so well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭thefa

It's a bit of a grey area. Like i'd consider camping staying in the one spot for a period of time where you're just waiting for enemies. That doesn't necessarily make you're a fully fledged camper though. Difference is in mindset like a person who generally rushes is playing aggressively but might turn to a bit of camping if he's taking the game seriously and gets to a point of the map where it doesn't pay to go further. Say you're playing dom and your team has A & B locked down and wants to pin the enemy at C, push forward and find some cover. If thats not possible his thought will be to patrol across B or something. On the other hand camper plays more defensively and for example, will try to put them self in a place overlooking B but which isn't going to be under regular threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

thefa wrote: »
    It's a bit of a grey area. Like i'd consider camping staying in the one spot for a period of time where you're just waiting for enemies. That doesn't necessarily make you're a fully fledged camper though. Difference is in mindset like a person who generally rushes is playing aggressively but might turn to a bit of camping if he's taking the game seriously and gets to a point of the map where it doesn't pay to go further. Say you're playing dom and your team has A & B locked down and wants to pin the enemy at C, push forward and find some cover. If thats not possible his thought will be to patrol across B or something. On the other hand camper plays more defensively and for example, will try to put them self in a place overlooking B but which isn't going to be under regular threat.

It is just a little frustrating. I try to play by the server rules or rather find a server that matches how I play. That excludes ones that don't like people running or jumping in combat. It also rules out non tdm as most other game types are too frustrating due to the presence of people not playing the game type. Not being able to stand still or more towards the enemy limits my alternatives.

Advertisement