Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some critisims

Options
  • 29-04-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Firstly hello to anybody who views this.

I am writing to find out and get some critical comments on my very first website developed www.lulabellesbeauty.ie it was part of a college project and developed it for a friend of mine.

Any suggestions on design and how SEO friendly would be great.

Slate all you want but just remember its my first attempt

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 study68

website looks good as its your first attempt. so nothing to criticise. well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Some slight ones:

1. The links to other pages and the purple background is too large. No need for such a padding between the link.

2. A hovered link isn't advised to be the same colour as when it is not hovered.
    Can probably use a different font there too, it looks a little basic.

3. Main body text is too small, for me anyway: maybe that's something to do with Chrome I'm not sure.

4. Testimonials - Could be better. No need for a table there, just do a different coloured background or something or at least let there be padding between the text and the line of the table. Different font, and bigger size advisable there also.

Now, that's be very critical - for a first attempt it's very good and you've excellent potential :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lockhartg

Doocey wrote: »
    Some slight ones:

1. The links to other pages and the purple background is too large. No need for such a padding between the link.

2. A hovered link isn't advised to be the same colour as when it is not hovered.
    Can probably use a different font there too, it looks a little basic.

3. Main body text is too small, for me anyway: maybe that's something to do with Chrome I'm not sure.

4. Testimonials - Could be better. No need for a table there, just do a different coloured background or something or at least let there be padding between the text and the line of the table. Different font, and bigger size advisable there also.

Now, that's be very critical - for a first attempt it's very good and you've excellent potential :)

Thanks a million for the advice I will have a look into amending after my exams.

Thanks to both you guys for the comments.

On the hosting side of things i'm crap at this and finding it had to do a 301 redirect from http://lulabellesbeuaty.ie to www.lulabellesbeauty.ie as this will effect the SEO of the site. Any advice here??

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

heres one: you misspelt criticisms...
    half-trollface.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Quick question. Why have you 2 Google verification codes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 davepredict

Hi there,

I think the site looks great for a first attempt. I would second Doocyes advice ref appearance tho.

Also in regard SEO you should have a completely unique Page Title and description on each page, The page title should not exceed 66 characters including spaces and descrioption 160 characters.

Also the page titile and description should be different.

Other than that nice work:)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Personally I don't like the marbled background, but that's just me!

Agree about bringing down the padding around the links. Would also try to combine the top two divs so you're not repeating the title - ie make one decent banner title for the top of the page.

Your pages are quite long, I would like to have a menu bar at the bottom of the page as well.

The bottom blue box - is there a way to condense this a bit? Good to have the list of treatments and the address there but if you could make it a bit tidier / narrower. Maybe lose the testimonials from here, have a link to them instead?

Eyes NOT Eye's...

The copyright line doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the page, and the contact page looks a bit odd with the map like that.

But generally I like the look of it, it's nice and clean and easy to use. Great to have clear pricing for such a business's site as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alphshuffel

You have developed a great website, but, solve the canonical issue for your homepage.

Advertisement