Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Marks on Wall??

• 29-04-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,

I've noticed some strange marks on the walls of one of the bedrooms. Property is 4 years old and was painted one year ago. I went over the marks but they have again appeared. Have attached some pics if somebody could throw some light on the issue?

100_0315a.jpg
    100_0314a.jpg
    100_0313a.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Could be a few things.

Tell us more.

Is the wall solid?

Is there pipes behind it.

Is there a bathroom or a rad directly above it.

Could it be a misguided squirt of wd40 or some other oil product coming through the paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

was there ever blue tac on the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

Thanks for the replies guys.

@gsxr1 - it's actually on another wall in the same room. They are all on the outer walls. No pipes behind the walls. There is no bathroom or rad directly above it. The only common thing I can see is that they only appear on outer walls.
    As I've said when I painted the room last year I noticed they showed up but painted over the spots and they showed up again a few months later which is strange. I did have problems a year or more ago where I wasnt getting enough ventilation into the room. I've since added another vent to the room and leave the window vents open most of the day. Don't know if this has any bearing on these signs.

@irelandspurs - no - never had any blue tac on the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

are the walls solid
    sometimes the plasterboard is blobbed and stuck on
    if there is damp getting through to the blobs,this may show up on the wall
    try tapping wall with your nuckles around the marks to see if there is a hollow sound and then tap the the mark to see if there is a different sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

You say they are all external walls. Have you checked the outside wall? Whats there? Maybe a pic of that too. Anything drilled into/onto the walls?

Cavity pumped insulation???

• Advertisement
Advertisement