Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The Building Opposite Corrib Village?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Build cost E12,000,000

74 x 320000 = E23,680,000

Thats a 100% markup if all the apartments were the same price. It was nice money if you got it.
    You forgot:

1. Land costs
    2. Planning and Brown Envelopage
    3. Auctioneers % and advertising.
    4. Bank interest for say 2 years mid decade.

Recalculate and repost!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

That's okay, sure we can't be expecting you to know everything as we would be spoilt then.

It currently houses Hidden Hearing and Colleran Auctioneers.

Answers on a postcard to ??????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You can now buy the lot for a measly €1.4m
    10 x 3 / 4 Bedroomed Terraced Residences over 3 Levels & 4 x 3 Bedroomed Gate Lodges. http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=101774

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

Everytime I drive past I always wonder what they're like inside but still no pictures of the supposedly 'lavish' interiors that were to go in them.
    Would they not be better off selling them individually for around €150K or whatever. I suppose they don't want the hassle of shifting individual units and would rather one elite buyer to purchase the lot!

Do people live there dendof? I don't go past that area. Are there lights on at night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

No, I don't think anyone lives there but as far as I can remember when they were finished they were furnished to a high standard aswell but never sold for one reason or another.
    Probably all looted since anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The irony of a Curley's Van plonked outside in one of the pics....

Not many people are going to take the risk of spending 1.4 million at the minute for 10 units, knowing that there will be various annual charges to pay on these come next year (Property Tax, NPPR etc.)

I suspect the management fee's won't be cheap either (although at least there's no fcuking lifts to maintain)

Add all of these up, and you have substantial annual running costs.

Now, if they were to be sold individually in the region of 100k, i'd expect a lot of interest

An earlier poster had visited and described it thus: Saw inside them, plush is not the half of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No idea at all, could have been a solicitors office and a dead letter drop.
    Colleran's Auctioneers if I remember correctly.

Looks well priced for a quick sale. Receiver in a hurry I'll wager. :)

There are relatively few Ghost estates in Galway City. I heard a small batch of semis in the same area is coming on the market in the next 2 months as well...again a receivership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

It seems that some of them are not completed....

"Eight of them are ready for fit-out while the remaining six will each require an expenditure of around €30,000 to bring them to completion"

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/commercialproperty/2012/0912/1224323899037.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

The college would do well to pick them up on the cheap and use them as extra student housing. I'm sure some of the Newcastle residents wouldn't mind having less students around given all the complaints seen about the student's antics on various threads.

Dunno how 'student proof' they are. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Well at least the college would actually be getting the money out of them as AFAIK the developer of Corrib Village still has gets revenue from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

snubbleste wrote: »
    You can now buy the lot for a measly €1.4m
    10 x 3 / 4 Bedroomed Terraced Residences over 3 Levels & 4 x 3 Bedroomed Gate Lodges. http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=101774

JohnCleary wrote: »
    if they were to be sold individually in the region of 100k, i'd expect a lot of interest

Well spotted.

That's quite a bargain, I reckon. Maybe a Boards syndicate could make an offer...

Dreary ad on Daft, by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Just skip the fit-out bit...

There are relatively few Ghost estates in Galway City. I heard a small batch of semis in the same area is coming on the market in the next 2 months as well...again a receivership.

Anyone know the story with these apartments on the Cappagh Road?

They are another of the 'few' ghost estates in Galway. In receivership since late 2011 early 2012. Probably will go on the <cough> market </cough> by spring I reckon.

There is a separate project behind that again on the Cappagh road, I know nothing of it.

Here > http://goo.gl/maps/zUR3Y

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

That is occupied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Dreary ad on Daft, by the way.

You'd think they'd get a decent photographer in to get some shots to sell it if they're trying to fetch €1.4 million.

• Advertisement

J o e wrote: »
    You'd think they'd get a decent photographer in to get some shots to sell it if they're trying to fetch €1.4 million.

More than likely the vendor is simply trying to keep 'the boyos' happy and show that they are actively trying to sell assets to re-pay debts, but don't actually want the assets to go.

Kinda like the wife making the husband sell the boat.... Husband put's it on the market (to keep the wife happy) at twice the price it's worth, so it's for sale but will never sell!

The vendor is a liquidator, they want shot of it.

The vendor is a liquidator, they want shot of it.

Fair enough, didn't realise it was a liquidator selling off. Point I made above does happen quite regularly though,

The same singular lack of photos indicates that the same liquidator is offloading this through the same auctioneer. :)

Has this been sold, any activity going on around the premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

last i seen, a month or two ago it was going under the hammer. highest price gets it. didnt hear anything since

Anything going on here. Are there lights on at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

snubbleste wrote: »
    Anything going on here. Are there lights on at night?

comers bought that as well

comers bought that as well

Whoever got it did so at a good price, you'll get the yields on these units. I'd have loved to get a group of us together and bought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Whoever got it did so at a good price, you'll get the yields on these units. I'd have loved to get a group of us together and bought

it went for more than the asking and there are some unfinished units

Advertisement