Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to get right connections for garden hose

Options
  • 29-04-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm probably going to sound like a bit of a retard with this but it'll be worth the stick, I hope!!!

Basically, I want to connect up my garden hose to an existing spare pipe in the garden (new house). The problem is that I cannot find the right adapters, if this is what I even need!

Below is an example of the existing pipe that comes out of the ground. I've been told that it is 1/2" heavy gauge or something to that effect. The diameter is 22mm.
    P1070205.jpg

Below is the 22mm coupler with a handle for turning water on/off. I need to connect another hose pipe from here to the tap but unsure as to what size I should use.
    P1070204.jpg

Below is the tap I got. I reckon it's the incorrect type. It's marked as 3/4"
    P1070206.jpg

Below is the adapter for the hose reel screwed into the tap - I think it should probably be connected to the other end, in which case I have the wrong type of tap. If I need a new tap, I don't mind. The hose reel adapter is marked as 1/2" -13mm. I think this is standard garden hose diameter.
    P1070208.jpg

What I would like to know is what coupler do I need to get and where would I get it? I can't seem to be able to find anything marked as 22mm. Also, what hose would be suitable from here to the tap? It will be a short run of hose (less than 10 feet) and I will bury it underground. I will probably need some elbows so, as a result. Finally, do I need a new tap and if so, what would I need?

I'm ready for abuse of my very retarded questions but if you can give me some answers too, I'll take all the abuse :o

Thank You
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

no abuse necessary

you need to get yourself a 1/2" 317, a 1/2" version of the tap you have, a 3/4 x 1/2" 310 some 1/2" qualpex and 6 inserts, a 3/4" nut and ring for the valve on your hydrodare pipe.
    Go to a plumbers supplies place, chadwicks, heatmerchants, etc.

this will allow you to fix the tap to a wall somewhere ( with a few screws) and run a 1/2" pipe over to your black hydrodare pipe and connect the two.

on your new 1/2" valve you screw off the hosetail and screw on your hose connector in it's place

always place an insert in the end of the qualpex before tightening on a fitting, it supports it and is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭highdef

Thank you very very much for your help. I wouldn't have known the terminology to use at all. Thanks for sharing this information with me :p

Advertisement