Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longmeadow Apartments; Whats the story

Options
  • 29-04-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Evening all.

Myself and some others are just about to confirm moving into an apartment in the longmeadows complex on the conyngham road. We viewed the place, 2nd floor north-facing, and its nice, spacious (aside from the kitchen) and most of all, affordable. The landlords even being really patient with the deposit.

My only reservation is there doesnt seem to be anything there. I'm moving out of a really great little house in phibsboro right by a tesco and a 24 hour spar, not to mention the ridiculous amount of take-away options. Plus the post office is literally around the corner as is the sorting office, which is a bonus for me as I get a lot of packages and am rarely there to pick them up.

I guess what I'm asking is, if theres anyone here who lives or has lived in longmeadow or wellington or islandbridge or any of the places on conyngham road, is there ANYTHING near there? Is RiRis on parkgate st. any use? Is there a post office nearby at all? Will the lords of azaroth ever wake from...sorry wrong forum.

Basically whats it like living on conyngham road.

Comments

There is a Post Office beside the Centra on Parkgate Street. Couple of pubs and cafes. The latest one to open does a decent breakfast. Oh, there is a massive court complex there too, handy if you ever need a solicitor. On the plus side the Pheno is right beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

There is a superquinn in the hsq,which is not too far but the location is slightly isolated.Thats a call you'll have to make.
    Also,you wont get the sun in a north-facing apt,if you have a balcony.
    The area itself is grand,though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

i live just up the rd from you in kilmainham there are plenty of shops here in the area and there is a 24 hour topaz garage if you are ever stuck for anything not sure if there's a 24hour in pargate st though but there's plenty of shops and pubs it's not a bad area though good luck

Advertisement