Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I pay next months mortgage?

Options
  • 29-04-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi. I'd like some advise on this matter please.......

I've been made unemployed. I'm not entitled to any mortgage supplement payments. I plan to go to my mortgage provider (I'm on a fixed rate). I am looking to apply for postponment of mortgage payments for possibly up to months, or might come to some arrangement where I can pay half. My mortgage provider allows these terms

I have the means to pay May's mortgage, however if I could include May as one of those 'postponed months' it would be very handy.

My question is.....

If I can pay May's mortgage payment, should I pay it? Or include it in my appeal for postponement of payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

qwert2 wrote: »
    Hi. I'd like some advise on this matter please.......

I've been made unemployed. I'm not entitled to any mortgage supplement payments. I plan to go to my mortgage provider (I'm on a fixed rate). I am looking to apply for postponment of mortgage payments for possibly up to months, or might come to some arrangement where I can pay half. My mortgage provider allows these terms

I have the means to pay May's mortgage, however if I could include May as one of those 'postponed months' it would be very handy.

My question is.....

If I can pay May's mortgage payment, should I pay it? Or include it in my appeal for postponement of payment?

It is very unlikely that an arrangement will be reached in time to affect your next mortgage payment. Similarly, the bank will not look favourably on you if while they are assessing your situation you choose to willingly miss a repayment when you have the funds available to make it. I would advise you to try and arrange an appointment to get the wheels in motion ASAP - depending on individual circumstances these things can take time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Very unlikely they will agree to a payment break if you are behind on payments unfortunately so if the request is not completed in time and you skip a payment will not look good.

Also no guarantee they will meet your request so think of options if they dont (interest only perhaps?)

Advertisement