Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French for Beginners- best method?

Options
  • 29-04-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hello,
    What method is the best to learn French?, should I opt for online learning for example Rosetta Stone cd's or class learning in the evening?.Could I master the language in 2 years with effort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

I'd say in a class environment and supplement it with some self learning. A real teacher is best i think as you get familiarised with spoken french and communicating and they can correct your mistakes.

And 2 years? hmm i'm not sure, unless it was all you were studying and spend some time immersed speaking the language

Bonne chance

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johnrichard

Exactly, the time to catch any language depends on the efforts made by the person who tries to learn. If you puts our full dedication, then the way will become more easy and sweet to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

A beginners class would be the best. A teacher who is actually from France is better too, I've had both and I learnt a lot more from the French teacher, they have more modern phrases etc. I don't think you could learn much from a CD to be honest.

Advertisement